Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
X 2 with our Moderator Extraordinaire. I used Zymol years ago on the Mk II Jetta Coupe. Great shine but a REAL PITA to get off. I was using EInszett Glanz since I joined here. A former member was a distributor. In recent years I was ordering it from Amazon. Last year that stopped getting is and I switched the the Sonax posted in Urlik's thread. ZERO regrets. Easy on and easy off. I drove from Dallas to Austin and back one day last spring. When I got home, I saw half of the I-35 construction new asphalt was on the left side of my car from headlight to tail light. Washed right off and just a little quick detailer on a few spots. You can even see my Amazon review about 6 down when you click the link. Titles GREAT STUFF.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've used Zymol for years, but now I'm wondering if I should try some other stuff as mentioned above. I'm in a water-cooled group out of Minneapolis whose members really plug having paint correction and sealant by an outfit called Ceramic Pro, but it's like $1700 for the whole car! You can buy lots and lots of wax for that price........

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Zero complaints with Sonax NPT Hybrid. No abrasives. They have a "cleaner wax" version of it if that's what you need but today being a year with the Sonata and 6 months with the Forte5, I've had no need for anything other than protection for the paint. I've never really cared about how long wax is claimed to last. I wash and quick detail once a week and wax every 4-6 weeks.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
I used P21S for a while and liked it, but removal could be difficult if you laid it on too thick and didn't remove quickly enough. Carnauba Moose looks good on black cars and beads nicely. Recently I used Optimum Poli-Seal which is a synthetic wax, so not as much depth as a carnauba but seems to have a longer life

1 - 7 of 7 Posts