Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
"Stand your ground" was not used by the defense, only by the media.
Not to mention that stand your ground has kept more blacks out of jail than whites. I heard Michael Steele say that last Sunday morning on Meet the Press and all the other lefties on the panel totally ignored his point since it didn't fit their rant.

·
I break for old people
7,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Not to mention that stand your ground has kept more blacks out of jail than whites. I heard Michael Steele say that last Sunday morning on Meet the Press and all the other lefties on the panel totally ignored his point since it didn't fit their rant.
Meet the press tells you if it' guests are right or land handed? Weirdd.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Seriously boss, you need to chill a little. I'm amazed at the outrage of people over this when they weren't even there and all they're doing is basing their opinions on is what they read/see in the media. Haven't we all learned that today's media is the biggest bullshitter out there? We didn't see it happen, we didn't see all the evidence and we didn't get to sit in the jury room. I feel sorry for the people who are going to suffer from the outlash violence as a result of this verdict. Fuck, why didn't the white guy who was just getting gas in Atlanta that got jumped by four black teens and then thrown into oncoming traffic and killed last week get this kind of publicity? Don't answer that....the ensuing argument will not go well and that's not the topic of this thread. It was just to make readers think.
I agree with you about the media. BUT - what the hell else are we supposed to form our opinions on issues based on? Just because they suck at their jobs doesn't mean that there's a better place to get your news from. Are we to withhold all judgement because we have to assume that there's some fact out there that we haven't been blessed with? Doesn't work, sir. We have to take what we get and form and educated opinion based on it. We're never in possession of the WHOLE TRUTH. But that's just life.

121 - 125 of 125 Posts