Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1421 - 1437 of 1437 Posts

·
Registered
26,634 Posts
1992 Mercedes Benz 300E 2.6. 211,8XX miles. One owner, desert and CA car-zero rust. Only the drivers seat height is screwy, everything else works. Crazy maintenance history.
That looks spotless, crazy clean for that mileage.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
1992 Mercedes Benz 300E 2.6. 211,8XX miles. One owner, desert and CA car-zero rust. Only the drivers seat height is screwy, everything else works. Crazy maintenance history.
That's a damn nice looking car for that age and has spent it's entire life in a desert climate.
I like it.

·
Registered
26,634 Posts
New fence on the sides of the house and a nice gate upgrade:

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Scored this little guy on fleabay.
Old one was consumed by leaking batteries. Now I can remain lazy in my chair when I want to adjust the volume.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Picked up this guy yesterday. Going 2 years without a floor jack has been brutal. Low profile and long reach. Perfect for the lowered W8.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts

·
Registered
26,634 Posts
TV upgrade from a standard HD 40" with sound problems to a 4K 55" Sony. Should make seeing the hockey puck easier.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Upgrade from the 42" LCD I purchased in 2009.

Side story and it's funny as hell. Standing in the parking lot at the car with the tv on the cart, wife and I were discussing how we're going to get this thing home. Were poking fun about the people we see strapping stuff to their car and I'm thinking I'm going to be that guy going down the road with this thing strapped to the side of my car or some crazy shyte like that.
Guy right next to me starts laughing and says, " you should've thought that through a bit more and brought a truck to get that thing home."
I replied, "but I've got a Passat" The guy just chuckles.
We had some stuff in the trunk we had to move to the floor in the rear seat area. Popped the rear seats forward. Wife and I grab the box, low and behold, it slides right into the trunk opening with less than a thickness of a dime to spare.
I looked at the wife, she looked at me and we just grinned at each other. I then casually closed the trunk lid and looked at the guy next to me staring in utter disbelief. I said to him, "see, you can put anything in a Passat." It was nothing short of epic.

Show me one American car (other than a 1962 Buick) that can get this thing into the trunk.

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,586 Posts
Upgrade from the 42" LCD I purchased in 2009.

Side story and it's funny as hell. Standing in the parking lot at the car with the tv on the cart, wife and I were discussing how we're going to get this thing home. Were poking fun about the people we see strapping stuff to their car and I'm thinking I'm going to be that guy going down the road with this thing strapped to the side of my car or some crazy shyte like that.
Guy right next to me starts laughing and says, " you should've thought that through a bit more and brought a truck to get that thing home."
I replied, "but I've got Passat" The guy just chuckles.
We had a some stuff in the trunk we had to move to the floor in the rear seat area. Popped the rear seats forward. Wife and I grab the box, low and behold, it slides right into the trunk opening with less than a thickness of a dime to spare.
I looked at the wife, she looked at me and we just grinned at each other. I then casually closed the trunk lid and looked at the guy next to me staring in utter disbelief. I said to him, "see, you can put anything in a Passat." It was nothing short of epic.

Show me one American car (other than a 1962 Buick) that can get this thing into the trunk.

View attachment 98386
Granted, I have a wagon, but I do that shyte
all.the.time. I effin’ love pulling up to homie despot and loading my car up with more than an F150 can handle some times. So what if it takes me a couple extra minutes to load correctly. At least it’s fun to drive and great on gas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26,634 Posts
I've fit a twin matttress in my sedan, it was actually a little roomier than when I had it in my wagon. Ive had a full size bed on the roof of the sedan for a mile. I had a full size mattress inside the wagon, bent in a U-shape for 200 miles.
The best are the trips to Home Depot or Lowes. 30 bags of mulch in the wagon, or loads of pavers (40 of each):

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,586 Posts
Yeah, I can’t find the pic, but had about 500# of mulch in the back of mine one spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26,634 Posts
The pavers and retaining wall stones were about 1900lbs with the 5 bags of dirt. The car was pretty low:

1421 - 1437 of 1437 Posts