Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1381 - 1400 of 1437 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
The mic failed on my cheap Sennheiser gaming headset so I picked up a HyperX Cloud Alpha headset to replace it. I love it so far.

I've used them for about 6 hours now. An amazing headset. If your using a cheap headset, treat yourself and pick these up. The only down side is since they are closed your ears will warm up but I don't notice until I remove them after wearing them for a while. BTW, these work on PC, XBox, PS4, and anything with a 3.5mm headphone slot. The mic is easily removable too.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
cheap Sennheiser
Does Sennheiser make anything cheap? Or did they sell out to the masses like Polk and Klipsch?

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Yeah, I used to use photobucket for this kind of stuff but haven't signed up with another photo host yet. Suggestions? Free of course!
I use Imgur. Pretty decent. Simple. Easy to use and relatively quick functionality between uploading, saving and posting onto other sites like this.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks Andreas! Just signed up with them. Now to see if it worked...Hey, it did!

Added 1x12 SRAM Eagle Drivetrain (really is a game-changer) and plus wheels and tires to my Fat Bike (Salsa Bucksaw). Also changed stem and handlebars for a little more comfort for my old back. Bike is now as fun in the summer as it was in the winter. ;)

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
The ones I had were like $40, probably the cheapest they do. They were just simple on ear headphones with mic. They still make high quality stuff.
Good to know. It's really disturbing to see how many really good high end outfits have sold out to the masses. Two of my old school favorites were a/d/s and Polk Audio, they both got swallowed up by Directed Electronics and went to hell in a hand basket.
Although Polk is still around, I honestly don't know how good they really are compared to back in the day. But I'm talking mid 80's for Polk and late late 90's for a/d/s.

Here's some eye candy for you Urlik.

My Polk SDA SRS's right after I purchased them in 2009.
These are circa 1986.

I've since done some cabinet repair of the top and bottom plates (getting loose) and removed the thyristor circuit protection from the tweeter path,
replaced with 12 gauge jumper wire and never looked back.
When driven with enough power these speakers are mind blowing.

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,586 Posts
New counter tops and cook top.

I Spun the center island 90* and built a wall with outlets to extend the counter into an eating area, thus getting rid of the kitchen table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
That looks nicely done. The photo bomb is great.

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,586 Posts
Thanks! One of my better jobs. As soon as we pick out our backsplash, I'll put that up on a weekend.

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
I almost bought a set of Polk SDAs new in 1984! I ended up buying something not so big. They were Atlantean 110s.

They didn't have the amazing sound stage of the Polk SDAs but they were still exceptional. I replaced those about 12 years later with my present Polk RT12s for my mains along with Polk center and rears for the surround sound. Since they're used more for movies their tight, low bass has kept me from ever getting a sub.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Been looking to upgrade my home audio gear for at least a few years now. My current set-up, while it would get extremely loud, just didn't have the low end oomph that I was looking for, so...

I pulled the trigger on one of these. Pleeenty of reserve power on tap. :thumbup:

Adcom 5802 - Special Edition

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
So here is the actual Adcom amp I just bought. Just picked it up last night in Scottsdale, AZ

There is a story with this amp, whether is to be believed or not well that's up for debate, but one things for sure, it's a special piece.

The guy I bought the amp from supposedly worked at Adcom during which time they were located in New Jersey. During the time he worked there, Adcom was purchased by an Asian company that owns the rights to Adcom now. At that time, one of the original owners of the American Adcom supposedly had this amp in his personal collection of souvenirs. That owner is now in Phoenix and is the sole Adcom distributor in the U.S. The guy I bought the amp from somehow obtained this amp and had it laying around for years (the dust inside the unit is evident of that). He decides to sell it because he wants to buy a new toy for his master living room audio set-up. Now I come around and now I'm the third owner of this amp.

Like I said before, all that storyline is up for debate, but I do know this...
CHECK OUT THAT SERIAL NUMBER!

Number 0002 :p
This is a very special unit.

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,586 Posts
Probably would have been fine if we didn't have a cooler, groceries, condo essentials, and beach chairs.

1381 - 1400 of 1437 Posts