1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone :)

Im new to driving, and VW first car a 2003 Pearl White 4motion Passat
just wanted to know anything I might want to know about the car :D

I hope to hear from you guys soon everyone around here seems really nice and kind so hope to get some help.

Only mod I put into it is my HIDs so I wanna get the badgless grill and the trunk badge black.

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,311 Posts
If you get flamed for anything, please don't be a dick. Some peopl around here like to poke a little at the noobs. Read up. Lots of informaton. 2 biggest things, use synthetic oil and premium fuel. Enjoy it. Now you must post pics.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heres a few from today, just some close up kind of tried to be photographer with my G1 haha kinda lame :p, I gotta get a real camara and take it on a photo shoot then Ill post those also

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
X2 on what vag said. welcome to the family bud. the more you search the more you learn, visit the information base as well. still have questions? ask away!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot guys!, ive been reading the info base and just reading alot of the forums!! what were you guys first VW?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What do you guys think of my HIDs, i had my cousin send them from Tokyo for like 50 bucks whole kit

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,311 Posts
Thanks a lot guys!, ive been reading the info base and just reading alot of the forums!! what were you guys first VW?
This is my first. I bought my Passat and A4 within a month of each other back in '06 and have loved them both ever since. :thumbup:

·
Registered
888 Posts
AHOY!! And welcome aboard. I'm one of the old FARTS (Fathers Against Rebellious Teenagers) around here, so you'll need to ignore me most of the time. I don't know much about Passats, but my first VW was a 1900cc air cooled Beetle which I purchased brand new in 1969 for $1,999.00 out the door!

·
WF16 Champion and Argumentative Wanker
9,018 Posts
My first car is also my 00 Passat. Nice VW trunk emblem shot, that's my token shot (if you look in the showroom, you'll see ;)). Welcome to the club, good luck with whatever you choose to do to the car.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Thats a sweet ride for a first car, my first car was a 1999 VW cabrio when i was 16, lool brings back some memories, second one is my 2002 passat 1.8t, which i bought for myself this february, really happy with the car, my first manual tranny and im loving it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome. x2 on a great first car, period! My first VW was a 92 MkII GTI fresh off the showroom floor, which i owned until september of last year when I purchased my current 02 1.8t.:driving:

·
Registered
150 Posts
First VW for me was 96 Passat VR6 with 5-speed, which I bought after my girlfriend at the time had just bought a 96 Passat VR6 auto. Now we are married and have two 04 Passats both with the 1.8T and tiptronics, but mine with 4motion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My first car is also my 00 Passat. Nice VW trunk emblem shot, that's my token shot (if you look in the showroom, you'll see ;)). Welcome to the club, good luck with whatever you choose to do to the car.
Thanks a lot man!! what forum in showroom are you talking about? id like to see it.

I was amazed how goo the trunk emblem shot came out with my phone

·
Registered
28,365 Posts
That's a great 1st car if you can fix problems yourself (or afford to pay for them). The V6 is a pretty good engine. Just watch for oil leaks and make sure the timing belt has been changed at 70K or so.

The engine can run on mid-grade fuel just fine. It might ping on regular (mine did only in 5th at low rpm). Oil type is not as critical as the 1.8T, just be sure it is changed every 5K.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts