Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
Vents going the wrong way. Just a mistake by whoever was photoshopping that together

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Most cars I see with them have them on the wrong way...but they prob think i am the one screwball with them on wrong.

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
For slotting it's arguable that yes it matters. For cross drilling, not at all.

Whay is it that you think that cross drilled rotors have to go on in a particular direction. Use physics in you reasoning.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Wait, what way should slotted rotors be facing? Mine right now flow backwards like the ones on the rear of the R8. Is that wrong?

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For slotting it's arguable that yes it matters. For cross drilling, not at all.

Whay is it that you think that cross drilled rotors have to go on in a particular direction. Use physics in you reasoning.

well. they come labeled left and right for a reason , don't they ?

·
Registered
221 Posts
the only thing that matters is the directions of the veins inside of the rotors, they'll pump the air effectively in one direction only depending on their design.

You see, at ulta super high speed teh rear wheels are actually turning..... backwards....

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
the only thing that matters is the directions of the veins inside of the rotors, they'll pump the air effectively in one direction only depending on their design.

You see, at ulta super high speed teh rear wheels are actually turning..... backwards....
exactly, the veins have to run in the same direction as the drilling.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
What? No it doesn't. You can't tell a thing about which way the vanes run by looking at the face of the rotor. You could drill it like a puzzle and it wouldn't matter (as long as it's balanced).

·
Registered
752 Posts
What? No it doesn't. You can't tell a thing about which way the vanes run by looking at the face of the rotor. You could drill it like a puzzle and it wouldn't matter (as long as it's balanced).
Stealthx32 is right. You need to look at the vanes. They may not even be directional, mosr cheap drilled/slotted rotors arn't.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Thats correct - the direction of the veins is the important bit!
I double checked with ECS coz my BBK face the same way as the rears and that is the correct orientation.

There is no "right" way to face just depends on how they were made and as stated above if the veins arent directional then it doesnt matter which way they face.

So there you go! :thumbup:

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Look at APRs kit. I said the same thing to Fred about his because they're exactly like the ones in the pics (except slotted and not drilled) and he said they were labeled left and right. We took and he was right. It was weird and it looks funny but the slots go in different directions. I can't see how this would be any different.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts