Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
13,821 - 13,840 of 13,884 Posts
My second post is just to see if there might be anyone who is listening. 2 issues that need immediate attention.
1. STOP....OIL PRESSURE....SERVICE
....STOP ENGINE....MANUAL

1a. This light has been coming on since before dropping subframe and replacing oil pan that had been split wide open. It seems to be coming on A LOT more since the job. This will only happen when oil reaches its max temp.

2. I am starting to notice hard downshift when slowimg down, especially into 1st gear when coming to stop. Does not seem to hit hard shifting up gears. It may feel slight hesitant on throttle, making it feel like gear is slipping at moments.

- thanks for anybody ear, And I am totally stoked to have found this very detailed forum! I have wasted a lot of time sifting through garbage with doing my own repairs. ?

My second post is just to see if there might be anyone who is listening. 2 issues that need immediate attention.
1. STOP....OIL PRESSURE....SERVICE
....STOP ENGINE....MANUAL

1a. This light has been coming on since before dropping subframe and replacing oil pan that had been split wide open. It seems to be coming on A LOT more since the job. This will only happen when oil reaches its max temp.

2. I am starting to notice hard downshift when slowimg down, especially into 1st gear when coming to stop. Does not seem to hit hard shifting up gears. It may feel slight hesitant on throttle, making it feel like gear is slipping at moments.

- thanks for anybody ear, And I am totally stoked to have found this very detailed forum! I have wasted a lot of time sifting through garbage with doing my own repairs. [emoji16]
Copy and paste this in the appropriate forum for your model and you’ll get some help. This sub forum is for introductions only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to Passatworld. We're glad you decided to make this your stop on the internet highway for information about your Passat.

We've been combating a rash of spam, so in an effort to contain it, you must make your first two posts here in the Noob Tube forum. You will not be allowed to post in any other forum here until you've done so.

Thanks for bearing with us, and once again, thanks for stopping by.

Edit by VAGguy: The Forum may take 1-2 hours to register that you have made your second post and grant you access to the other areas. If you have trouble posting elsewhere after your seond required post, this may be the issue.
Hi Jay
Its great to Join. I purchased a TDI Passat for my wife on her birthday back in Feb 1999 and still own the car today. We live in London, uk and specially order the car at a dealership in Dublin, Ireland.
Thank you again. William113

Welcome to Passatworld. We're glad you decided to make this your stop on the internet highway for information about your Passat.

We've been combating a rash of spam, so in an effort to contain it, you must make your first two posts here in the Noob Tube forum. You will not be allowed to post in any other forum here until you've done so.

Edit by VAGguy: The Forum may take 1-2 hours to register that you have made your second post and grant you access to the other areas. If you have trouble posting elsewhere after your seond required post, this may be the issue.
Hello 1

Obligatory First post

So yup, I am Jen.

Today I just started reading stuff on the internet about my w8 passat cause it is not as easy as my last car to work on (which I was able to do things like change the timing belt cause that engine was basic as hell)..

So far I only worked out by myself how to change the air filter and a brake bulb - I love this crazy tech car I now have and will hopefully rise to the challenge of maintaining this beautiful beast.

Funny anecdote - at first when I popped the hood to inspect the engine of my new cool car I did not even realize that, what I thought was some weird white sort of sparkly dust cover type thing on top of my engine, was in actual fact the INLET MANIFOLD ba hahah ha. Lucky I dont really feel shame aye!

Now I wanna check my coil packs and my injectors cause it was running rough (after I sprayed it with water by mistake while the engine was running and the hood was up - DUMB). It is running way better now since i cleaned all around in there and wiggled and pushed on all the vacuum hose things and wire type bits and wire plastic connecting bits. Thank goodness cause I was so farken worried.

But now it is sweet as. Maybe a bad connection mixed with that bit of water is all that it was. Cause now engine runs smooth again with usual power (while engine is cold and warmed up - it was when the engine was warmed up, then turned off, then restarted while still warm, that I first felt that horrible misfire shudder and lack of power).

But even though crisis seems to be avoided I have decided that I still wanna delve further so I can be sure it's running as good as it can and to sort future issues.

BTW - I have a heavy foot and a thing for acceleration (its like a drug) and petrol is expensive so maximum power with efficiency is my aim.

Anyhoo - I will keep reading all your guys wisdom and learning!

Cheers
Jenimal

13,821 - 13,840 of 13,884 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.