Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 13884 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just replacet ECT in my 02 V6. What a PITA! Also cleaned airbox airbox screen and replaced engine and cabin filter. Other than normal oil changes and maint. did brakes (rotors and pads) all 4 corners. 53k still running great. getting ready for timing belt, water pump and associated parts.

Bob

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
LMAO! you guys don't have to post directly in this thread, just anywhere in the Noob Tube forum. ;)

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Yeah, but it's so much more fun posting here, after all, we're all noobs and in here we're (almost) safe!
//Peter Graves "Airplane voice on
ever hear of a banstick, Timmy? Want to touch one?
//Peter Graves "Airplane voice off
:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
My B5 Wagon

Okay, so I bought a 2000 Passat SW with the 2.8. Its a GLS...nothing fancy...sort of a British Racing Green color. No others like this around which makes it a plus for me...Anyway, I bought this thing 4 years ago and didn't want a station wagon, but when I kicked the tiptronic over it turned into "a sports car in disguise". Its a lot of fun to drive and has plenty of cargo room to boot. I've had some problems with it, broken timing belt that resulted in new heads, bad axles, brake issues and the latest control arms, ball joints and bearings. At times its like a bad relationship- even on days you want out, you don't really...I put my wagon up for sale last weekend. I priced it to sell it quickly set on replacing it with a truck to fit more of my needs. After 22 hours on the market, I pulled it. I just couldn't sell the thing. It only has 125k on it and surely there's plenty of life still left in it...All it took was a curvy road and the tiptronic to remind me why I bought it in the first place. Something about it keeps me coming back for more. I thought I may as well join the forum and join the rest of you guys with the affection for these machines. I think you have to own one to know the feeling. I wish that I was a little more mechanically inclined with mine and may be able to pick up some knowledge here to save a buck or two...

41 - 60 of 13884 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.