Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbup: you know you're lowered when your jacking down the car,and you get nervous and you think the jack is broken because the time that is required to remove the jack from under the car is a lot longer than normal. also, when your eyes are adjusting to the wheel touching the ground, and, although you know you just added lowering springs, something looks "off" so finally, after battling with delay after dalay after delay, the springs are on (well the front at least) and oh, does the that feel sweet!!! besides the satisfaction of completing the job, seeing the car look like that is just awesome! i so love the look! i could not be more happy right now. i was thinking about completing the rears, as i have one side jacked up with the wheel off, but yet another complication has developed as the wheel lock on the drivers side has stripped! gotta get some freeze it, or whatever that stuff is called to break the nut off. i can't wait to see the finished product. as of right now, i actually lowered the jack in the back as much as i could just to appreciate the way the front looks. i can't wait to drive this thing. just waiting on a clutch! as for now, i left the center caps off, just to give the gangsta look for now. i can't express how amazing the car looks from every angle. i want to sit in the garage and just stare all night. but i'm tired. i'm getting started on the back tomorrow. hopefully everything was put back on the way they were taken off. and the car drives fine. as far as appearance is concernced...i'm well pleased. when i install the rears, which i don't think will be as difficult a job, i'll also be installing my neuspeed rear sway. :thumbup: :thumbup: i will post pics! sorry to keep recreating posts about the same topic, but a lot of you guys have been doing this along the way right with, so just wanted to keep you up to date!

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Whoa! paragraphs my friend, paragraphs!

Glad the work is going well. You must have a pretty mean rake if the front is done and the rears are still stock. What setup are you installing?

·
Registered
709 Posts
You know your lowered when you see a squirrel in the middle of the street and come to a dead stop before it in fear of hitting it and cracking your bumper.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, right now the rake is a bit crazy. i got my ass in the air. paragraphs, i can't remember the last time i wrote in paragraphs. thanks for the reminder. i'm running H&R sports, 1.75"f/1.5r and bilstein grooved shocks. 3 perches. right now i have them on the center groove, and i'm surprised at the rake. i couldn't see going lower. i also have the ass way in the air, so when then comes down, i may want the front a little lower, but i may be able to live with the look. like i saie, i love the look so far, i just hope that the car drives up to expectation. i should probably get an alignment and such when i put her on the road.

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
you know your lowered when you get flicked off by every car behind you when your approaching a speed bump :)
If those same people weren't in such a hurry and would slow down like they should, we would be living in a speed bump free world.

What a wonder it would be.

·
Registered
15,829 Posts
THat's why people buy SUVs, to take the speed bumps faster. :thumbdown:

You know you're lowered when that squirrel puts the nut out in the street for you to crack for him!

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,783 Posts
Yes, PLEASE!

... ...... ... ... .. .... . ...

... I don't believe I've ever seen pics of your car. Glad to hear the work is going smoothly :thumbup:

:sleep:
It has a Eurosomething banner on the front screen :thumbup:

·
Registered
691 Posts

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,783 Posts
^ Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /phpBB2/userpix/167_IMG_1629_1.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
Combine lowering with an AWE fron tie bar and you really have some fun. The bar is 3.5" off the ground. That leaves very little room for any kind of rocks, ice, roadkill, etc. Usually the bar just "shaves" whatever it is if I can't avoid it altogether.

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,312 Posts
How about .....

"you know you're lowered when you take the belly pan off the next time for an oil change, and you notice bambi's hair stuck in to it everywhere.....and you thought you'd have enough clearance to go OVER that deer.....silly you (er...me)"

Bilstein shocks
Neuspeed springs
C-Bar

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the tie bar is different than the front sway? isn't that too much in terms of stablility. this is to used with the rear sway and front sway?

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Combine lowering with an AWE fron tie bar and you really have some fun. The bar is 3.5" off the ground. That leaves very little room for any kind of rocks, ice, roadkill, etc. Usually the bar just "shaves" whatever it is if I can't avoid it altogether.
i have the same problem with my c-bar. also, sometimes when driving over major imperfections in the road, i'll hear a big bump or thud, and i'll know that the c-bar hit the pavement again. not sure the exact clearance, but you could take a guess from the pic:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts