Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Very nice Steve!
(You might want to put that in a big zip-lock just to keep it safe in the tub.)

I put one of those in last year! :p
But I didn't get the R32 wheel (which I'm betting you got!).

I think (Other than my APR chip, Neuspeed SS, suspension upgrades, and maybe my HIDs) it's my favorite mod! (It brings a smile to my face everytime I drive the car! :D ) A definate improvement, and easy horn access for my thumbs! :thumbup:

You got bit bad boy!
If we every hook up at a gtg, I'm gonna have to check your arms for B5 track-marks! :poke: :lol:

P.S.: And YES, I kept my 3-spoke a secret from my wife -- I think she still hasn't noticed it! :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I gave up hiding stuff and just pay up front. My wife puts special tariff on all the car mods, and I end up paying 150% of all my mods. This is why I hang around in GB forum so much. I have to count in marriage tax for all the items i purchase.

BTW, did I tell you how much money I saved on my last mod, putting my own porsche brake upgrade kit together?... :)

In any rate, all my mods are well worth the extra tax because it puts a big smile on my face every morning. I love driving my vw.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
hehehe the single life :wink:

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TweakedB5 said:
You got bit bad boy!
If we every hook up at a gtg, I'm gonna have to check your arms for B5 track-marks! :poke: :lol:
Yeah, and this year I was going to take it EZ, but we all see how well that turned out.

The installation I have all planned. Once I get a wheel, Im going to a buddy's house 20 miles away to have it all done. The chances of my parents seeing this bad boy go in are very slim. All in my favor, of course. :D

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
HAHA...we all have this secret underground society that even spouses don't know about! My wife still don't know about the chip.. but she'll give me the official green light next year for mods.

·
Registered
134 Posts
To quote my better half:

"You're not leaving these wheels stock are you?"

and

"That radio stinks, you'd better find something good."

I...I...sniff....love her.... :) :heart: :heart:

·
Registered
26,008 Posts
My wife rides a Taurus wagon dropped on Eibachs. Think shes going to say no
to a few suspension mods for me? I am lucky to get my car back from her after
she drives it.

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bath seat? Id be more concerned with the bag exploding and becoming a butt plug. That would be VERY painful. :eek:

I got the bag from Phantom GLI here on CB5. The emblem has some nice gashes in it, more then what was shown in the low res, low quality pictures he sent me. The bag is brand new, but it looks like the bag was dropped on the ground, and looks as though scraped across a few feet of asphault. Its ok though. I am going to see about getting a VW sticker thats about 2" wide. Sand the rough edges smooth, and then will be just like new.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Steve, mu dad (who lives almost 600 miles away), still grips about me doing mods...although I think he liked the supercharger I put on the Miata. And I have been out of the house for 16 years - even have 2 kids. Oh well....my wife just calls it male stuff and I think has almost given up.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
my dad says im wasting my money. "its best to leave your car stock. BLAH BLAH BLAH" yet i know he likes some of the mods ive done. worse yet- im getting ready to go help him put bilstein shocks on his truck. :crazy: whatta nut.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
21 Participants
TweakedB5
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing