Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your car smells like a snowmobile, and then like gas, when you start it, and when the RPM's drop by almost 200 when you let the clutch out.

It's -21*F here right now. I live in Hell.

8,184 Posts
I live in Pitt PA and let me tell you its always cold as shit and rains everyday........every god dam day it Fing rains Pitt has more rain then seattle for christ sake....I hate the dam rain it could be below 30 and it would not snow just fing rain

·
Registered
530 Posts
newmexicoB5 said:
It got down to a hellish 49 yesterday... I could barely go outside...

lol... good old desert...
I hear ya newmex Louisiana got down to a bone chilling 49 and I thought it was the end of the world. I pulled out the electric blanket and used the seat heaters no matter where I went that day....LOL

·
Registered
96 Posts
Down to -27 last night when I forgot that I left a can of soda in the car. Good thing I went out...it was about to burst. I would rather not live in this place but the military put me here for now.

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,784 Posts
Garpo said:
It is -28C here this morning - that's -39C with windchill. My face is friggin' frozen....
Shut the window, crazy man!

Not only is it cold and glum and rainy all the time, it's also full of us Brits :p

·
Registered
295 Posts
Last week I had to turn on the AC because we were in the upper 80s. While you guys are freezing I'm wondering were winter is. I guess that is why people pay alot to live in Souther California.

·
Registered
58 Posts
you know you have lived in Arizona too long when....

i went outside yesterday without a shirt on and couldnt figure out why it was kinda chilly.....oh right, it's feb.

·
Registered
32 Posts
yeah last night i had to get some stuff out of my car and it said -4, but that damn wind and what not, i swear my hands felt like they were going to fall off it was so bad. stupid montana.

·
Registered
159 Posts
vegas? that's 1 extreme to another huh? ;)

theericharris said:
That's nuts.

I don't understand the reason for living in a place that can be that cold!! I lived in Michigan for 7 years and I've had all the cold/snow I ever want to see again.

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
can't you just leave it idling when it's that cold?

·
Registered
776 Posts
mycarsavw said:
Shut the window, crazy man!
Hah, thats the only way you can see with a frosted window, by looking out the side window!

I feel a little pampered - it was only -9C in the garage when I pulled out into the -25C weather and I have indoor parking at work.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts