Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get in my 2000 gls v6 5-speed starter up hear a beep and look at the center computer display and it flashes STOP real quick then goes away no CEL or anything else. no probs on the 20 mile drive home or the couple short errands i have run since being home tonight. The STOP messege never reappeared. should i just forget about it or?

Thanks

Andrew

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just a possibility, but check your coolant level in the overflow tank. If that is low, the info display will show STOP, then Check Coolant. Your's may have been about to do that, when the sensor realized the coolant was there. You may have a sensor going, or may be on the cusp of low coolant level in the reservoir tank. This possibility has nothing to do with coolant temperature, just the level in the overflow tank. Also, the sensor is located at the bottom of the tank, and the car's wiring harness plugs in from below. Maybe that connection is loose also. I'm all about simple solutions first. I had the STOP sign come on before too, and it was because the sensor became unplugged. I don't know when else the STOP might come up. Good Luck. Joe.

·
Registered
25,993 Posts
Were you parked on a hill?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
B54ME
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing