Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn you all. The more I check out this site the more $$$ I spend. Got an 04 Passat a few weeks ago. Threw some tints on there....installed Eibach Pro System days ago....rims are next (week or 2 hopefully) I'll have pics up soon. Maybe I can have 1 pic stock...one pic as it is right now and another pic in a few weeks when my 17s are on..

·
Registered
302 Posts
hahaha

the more i see of these beautiful Passat's the more i want to do to mine!!!!! I am in the middle of working on mine, and I dont see teh end o f it yet!!!!

i a have a 1999 Passat V6

Richard

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yea, thats right. Soon you'll be on this board daily and you will spend more and more money and you won't be able to stop thinking about it
and you will do anything for that next mod and your family will notice that you've changed and you will have to go to rehab.... Oh that something else, sorry. :weirdo:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't remind me of Bleser

I read about his situation and even posted a topic on it. I think I'm happy going to be happy with 17s.....don't jinx me......I think I'm going with rims that "look bigger than they are". In DC 18s may be more trouble than they're worth.

I get the feeling if I ever change my mind I'll get 20 "i told you so's"

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Once you do your first mod, it's like a drug... you want to do more and more :p Have fun with it, I'm sure your care is looking awesome!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
LOL.

It is sooo easy to drop a few hundred here a small mod there, so me new wheels/tires...then you look at your receipts and are amazad at how much damn money you are spending :shock:

At least it is all for a good cause :lol:
Funny you say that. I just talled up all my mods over the past 2 years and I've spent about 9K so far! :lol:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Bleser said:
joshua said:
Thanks for the recognition buddy! :oops: :D

But like Villy said (and I posted about a few times), how big the wheel looks not only depends on the size of the rim but on the style, too.
Can anyone answer this question about Joshoa's wheel set up? I noticed he used an offset to mount his wheels ... what is the offset for? or why do you need it? I'm thinking of upgrading wheels on my stock Glx from 16 to 17's , apprehensive about going to 18's ( a few downsides to 18's i think would be potholes and tire cost) .. how low should i go and which eibach springs should i consider? do they come in different ranges from stiff to softer ride? not sure if this is right but heard softer springs may increase tire bite on road around corners?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Mil said:
Bleser said:
joshua said:
Thanks for the recognition buddy! :oops: :D

But like Villy said (and I posted about a few times), how big the wheel looks not only depends on the size of the rim but on the style, too.
Can anyone answer this question about Joshoa's wheel set up? I noticed he used an offset to mount his wheels ... what is the offset for? or why do you need it? I'm thinking of upgrading wheels on my stock Glx from 16 to 17's , apprehensive about going to 18's ( a few downsides to 18's i think would be potholes and tire cost) .. how low should i go and which eibach springs should i consider? do they come in different ranges from stiff to softer ride? not sure if this is right but heard softer springs may increase tire bite on road around corners?
he did not use offset. offset is given by factory to all rims. each model of car have stock offset and +/- to play around. Simpliest explanatoion of offset is that it is giving you wider on narrower track path of wheels. Smaller number of offset (compared to your OE) means wider track of wheels and vice versa.It is measured in mm. On B5 OE offset is 45mm. If you choose new rim with offset 35mm that means you will have wheels track wider for 10mm,i.e. wheels will stick out of car arches for 10mm from each side.
Do not go more than 1,5" this is safe regarding rubbing tires, wheel alignment, etc.
If you lower the car you will not have soft springs, all "sporty" springs are stiffer than OE

1 - 20 of 20 Posts