Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new tires and I'm trying to decide between these two tires. I do mostly highway driving so I would like to have something that is pretty quiet and also good in the rain. I don't need to worry about snow since I have a dedicated set of snow tires. The only draw back I can see in either of these tires is they do not have rim protectors.

Anyone have any input on either of these two tires?

Thanks

·
Registered
504 Posts
The Yoko v4s is a great tire. I had them on a modded Jetta GT (205/40-17) and they rode great, provided great all around traction and the treadwear was spectacular. I think they are worth the price difference....

·
Registered
135 Posts
Potenza G 009

Been running Bridgestone Turanza LS-H - love them but expensive.

I just ordered the Bridgestone Potenza G 009 205/55/16.

Came close to ordering the M Exalto A/S - less than the Turanza but the Potenza are a good price @ TireRack.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, I was wondering who was sending me an email with the NY Yankees logo in it.......

:D

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm on Kuhmo Ecsta ASX's. I've driven on 2 sets. 225/45/17 & 225/40/18. Great all-around tire, much preferred over the oem Michelin Pilot MXM4's.
The Yoko V4's seem to be a solid choice as well although I have not driven on them.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Tires

The Kuhmo ASX is an Ultra High performance tire (Giving Higher levels of grip and responsiveness) The Yokohama H4S is a High performance tire ( Good handling with more of a focus on lower ride noise and longer tread wear.)

The ASX typically lasts around 30k were the Yokohama lasts closer to 60k.

So pick the tire that best fits your needs. If your a really spirted driver you will probably be happier with the Kuhmo. If you like a well balanced tire and are looking for longer wear and a comfortable ride its Yokohama.

Rudy

·
Registered
28,326 Posts
The Kuhmo ASX is an Ultra High performance tire (Giving Higher levels of grip and responsiveness) The Yokohama H4S is a High performance tire ( Good handling with more of a focus on lower ride noise and longer tread wear.)

The ASX typically lasts around 30k were the Yokohama lasts closer to 60k.

So pick the tire that best fits your needs. If your a really spirted driver you will probably be happier with the Kuhmo. If you like a well balanced tire and are looking for longer wear and a comfortable ride its Yokohama.

Rudy
The Kuhmo ASX may be classifieds as an UHP All Season, but it should not be. The handling and grip is just fair. I found the Turanza LS-H to be much better handling with less noise (but twice the price).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts