Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just here for the literally EVERYTHING here lol, this is my 2nd late 90s VW

My 99 Passhat is my 2nd (PuhShat) VW, I used to own a 98 GL Golf which I REGRET getting rid of!

Horribly stitched on red flower fron seat covers upon nasty cracked leather,
Chicken wired grille and side lights,
Bride Shift boot
Black with red lettering shift knob
Wired in LED H4 Headlights, soon to be wired back to Blacked headlight assemly with weird PIN for one piece headlight
Soon Glasspack Shorty its all wired up weird with Thrush Turbo Muff and sounds HORRENDOUS.
No Corner lights at the moment
No side lights at the moment
Ignition Switch on its way!
Camber Kits Slight camber and on 17 inch Audi 5 Spoke rims with new rubber

Future Mods in mind are; full B5 Audi REAR to AWD the FWD & K4 Turbo

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Future Mods in mind are; full B5 Audi REAR to AWD the FWD & K4 Turbo
If your car isn't all wheel drive now don't waste your time trying to make it all wheel drive.
The body construction on the rear half of the car is completely different between the FWD and 4motion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your car isn't all wheel drive now don't waste your time trying to make it all wheel drive.
The body construction on the rear half of the car is completely different between the FWD and 4motion.
Rear sub frame B5 Audi, B5 rear axles B5 rear dif B5 shaft, I have a stock trans for an awd swap as it is, theres 2 things I shall say, respect others desires to build a project and don't tell me its not worth the job because it is not something YOU want.

byeeeeee.

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,394 Posts
Rear sub frame B5 Audi, B5 rear axles B5 rear dif B5 shaft, I have a stock trans for an awd swap as it is, theres 2 things I shall say, respect others desires to build a project and don't tell me its not worth the job because it is not something YOU want.

byeeeeee.
Go for it! Do you know how to cut and weld? You’ll need to. It’s not bolt on by any stretch of the imagination. Good luck!

It’s been done before. Please post up a build thread so we can watch the project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go for it! Do you know how to cut and weld? You’ll need to. It’s not bolt on by any stretch of the imagination. Good luck!

It’s been done before. Please post up a build thread so we can watch the project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few friends that I can borrow a welder, I have a few saws I can borrow as well :)

theres a LOT to cut I am aware and the build is a quattro setup from A4 S4 B5's obv. I may just add camber kit and toe kit and find a stabilizer bar as well in case if I cant find a proper donor car lol

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,394 Posts
I have a few friends that I can borrow a welder, I have a few saws I can borrow as well :)

theres a LOT to cut I am aware and the build is a quattro setup from A4 S4 B5's obv. I may just add camber kit and toe kit and find a stabilizer bar as well in case if I cant find a proper donor car lol
BTW, AndreasPassat's reply was not meant with disrespect. It was cautioning a new member that it is not for the faint of heart as many have sky high ambitions and think it is as easy as some other cars where you just bolt up the subframe and go. It's gonna take a lot of precise measurements to get it right as there isn't anything to reference back there. The B5 and B5.5 Passat had two different versions of the sedan and wagon unibody chassis for FWD and 4 motion. Look up "390todawheels" for reference. Sergei (a shop owner in NY) is the only one I know of that did it on a B5.

You can move on from the new member threads when you need to post up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Completely aware how much work is needed as this will NOT be a 4motion style, I shall move up to new threads ;) I am not a scrub when it comes to what needs to be done :)

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
~

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,394 Posts
Completely aware how much work is needed as this will NOT be a 4motion style, I shall move up to new threads ;) I am not a scrub when it comes to what needs to be done :)
FYI, factory 4motion in the B5/B5.5 Passat is an IDENTICAL setup to A4 quattro. It's not a crap haldex system like the VW A-chassis cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts