Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm driving home after the gym, windows down, puttering home when I start hearing this click, click, click, click....

I'm wondering what the heck is up with the car, but I'm thinking I caught a small rock in the tread or something... then I get out of the car and notice this stupid nail hanging out of the sidewall of the tire... :mad:

So I'm thinking dang, there goes another $100 for a tire and stuff..

Then I pull the spare tire cover and notice the FULL SIZE SPARE in the trunk!!!

God damn I love passats.. took me 20 min to change the tire which included locating that wheel nut.. Of course I thought, I know my 15" wheels are rockin and all, but I mean really...locking nuts on a factory tire? :roll:

I have to admit, I couldn't be more pleased about the tire. I'm thinking about going to 16s at some point anyway, but I'm so glad that I don't have to buy a brand new 15" tire right now..

I think I'll have the tire place mount the "new" tire on the alloy rim and see how much it is for their cheapest pos 15" tire.

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
I wished my 1.8T had a 21 gallon tank. Man, I could go about 600 miles on a tankful on the interstates.

Same here - my '04.5 GLX came with 16" Vancouver-style wheels but only a 15" steelie in the truck - still better than a "donut wheel."
Really? It's not a 16" spare?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Not me. Why haul all that extra weight around when you don't need it :lol:

At 30 mpg at 80 mph on the highway my "small" tank outlasts my bladder every time. :lol: I assume the tanks on the regular Passats (non 4 motion) are aroung 15 gallons? Assuming 12 gallons useable (don't like to push gas fill ups with little kids) that gets me 360 miles down the road. At 60 mph this is 6 hours, at 80 mph this is 4.5 hours. After 4.5 hours I am ready for a little break anyhow. Plus with little kids I end up stopping every 1/4 tank anyway.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Some tire places do sell used tires cheap though, I found out when I had a puncture and had to replace the tires. I got one for $20 from Discount Tires and it had more tread than the rest of my tires... Definitely look into that option

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.