Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Won 1st in Street Beat 2 this weekend hitting 141.6 on the TL playing music three six mafia LateNight Trip...i know not that loud but i got shipped the wrong subs. i ordered dual 2s and got dual 4s so i was running the amp at 4ohms which is only about 1500wrms next comp ill have the right subs which means almost double the power. Then ill just do Outlaw SPL because its more fun then doing street beat.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well here is the box and amp mounted in front of it like i said the subs are off to kicker since they were the wrong ones and the amp is a ZX2500.1 powering two 06 12L7s

Need power power? with this extra batt, big 3 upgrade and 120a alternator upgrade my system sits at 14.3V

·
My intake has Emphysema
7,708 Posts
Ok, I'm feeling stupid here. Do the extra batteries power everything by themselves? Or is it to help take the load off the cars electrical system?
reason: would the big three and an extra battery help eliminate some of my "whine" without having to turn my gain down so far.

Sorry to hijack. If I feel the need to discuss more, I'll start another thread.
TIA.

James

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Ok, I'm feeling stupid here. Do the extra batteries power everything by themselves?
No, they supply additional voltage and amperage.

Or is it to help take the load off the cars electrical system?
That's a by-product

reason: would the big three and an extra battery help eliminate some of my "whine" without having to turn my gain down so far.
It will depend on why you have the whine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts