Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lowered to day .. Pro-Kit on a 03 4Mo .. Actuall drop was font 2" .. rear 1.75" based on measuring from the fender lip to a spot on the rim. A 175 mile drive on the way home shows the ride firmed a bit and got rid of the diving and roll.

Drives well and no indication of tire wear after 4 wheel alingnment.

I have the alignment numbers .. What I would like to know is what the 1BE caster camber specs are supposed to be for a 03 4Mo front and rear.

Mine are very very equal .. just don't know if they are very very right.

Pix added

Before

Rear wheel gap

Before side view

After .. Side view

After .. Rear view

·
Registered
182 Posts
Looks great! I can't wait to install the Pro Kit on my 2002 4-Mo.

·
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1.8tbeout said:
are you sure the before pic wasnt photochopped? it's looks unusually high :suspicio:

looks great lowered j, good job! :)
Nope .. not chopped .. I have a few more befores if ya like ..

·
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GoldenPassat said:
Hey is that a dual exhaust I see on your passat?
Yes .. 4mo V6 comes with duals. I just altered the ends and added my own home made tips.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I like the dual exhaust tips. I have a 4Mo V6 also and I've been thinking about extending the tips to make it look like the W8. Do you have any undercarriage pics of how you altered the tips?

·
4,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
4MyPassat said:
I like the dual exhaust tips. I have a 4Mo V6 also and I've been thinking about extending the tips to make it look like the W8. Do you have any undercarriage pics of how you altered the tips?
All I did was have the shop cut off the turndown and weld on a 1 3/4" Dia x 4" long stub and I put on tips I made on a lathe but store boughts would werk too. I prefered this way so I could change them for variety. I cut the valance with a Dremel.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts