Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont f*ckin' get it

volkswagon "0wnZ" Audi

Audi cars own

volkswagon cars are causin' nothin' but problems and all this stuff
http://www.myvwlemon.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000213.html

making me think more than price bout purchasing that 2001.5 black on beige 4motion GLX :mad: i love that car (power, more options than you need, wicked system) :cry: but i dont wanna trade in my '01 accord for a car that may end up being a P.O.S.

i'm due for an oil change and a 200 dollar brake job on my accord, (stupid dealers part, said they inspected the car which they didnt, tires were bad, complaint n got pissed they replaced 2 front tires) but i dont want to go spend thousands of dollars within next year cuz of sh*t loads of problems

i'm looking into audi a6 2.7T like same car really but mucccch more, but i'm still waiting for them to go down in price. maby when the '05s come out it'll be cheaper.

any thoughts on this?...

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Do some more research. You will find out that the 2.7T engine is not one of the most reliable. Also if you go to webpage called myvwlemon of course you will only find problems (be it real or exaggerated) so I say look around some more. Good luck.

·
Banned
1,599 Posts
the 2.7T is a beast, especially if you get the 6speed.
as for vw's having problems, i have been on top of maintenence for my 2000 1.8T, and the only problems i have ever had so far were 100% my fault.
......if you have the $ go for the audi, otherwise vw is a great car :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
What Vdubracer said. My 2000 runs like a top. I've stayed on top of maintenance like a feind. THe only repairs that ahve been needed are age/miles related. My friend has a Jetta 1.8T, treats it like crap, never changes the oil when she should etc, etc... thing barely runs now. What ya gonna do? Take care of your toys and they take care of you.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
man the costs the guy put there are not really that bad, i would not even consider that to be a lemon........ my 2001 has given me a few thing over the time i have owned it to have to replace, most just wear and tear and regular service items. no complaints here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts