Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two complete kits ready to go. Decided to let them go for $275.00.
They are out of a late model Lexus vehicles. No, they are not stolen, only after being in an accident.

I have had a set just like that in our B5 Passat since 2001. Others have used the same kits with great results also on Passats and other vehicles. Conversion is easy if you are mechanically inclined. Simple wiring of the ballasts into your current light wiring....bulbs sit in your stock headlight housing without any alteration...you only have to modify wire/spring holding the bulb in its place.

Each set is $275.00 including shipping, will include what you see in the photos below. Will accept Paypal send to e-mail [email protected].

If interested, send me an e-mail at [email protected]

2 ballasts
3 Xenon Bosch bulbs. Yes, you get 1 extra
2 wire springs if you dont want to alter what's on the car and save it for future use

--EuroTrio --formerly know as Austrian Beauty--

·
Registered
648 Posts
HID light makes stock headlamps turn brownish, but this is on the outside not effecting the light or looks since you do not see it. But also do not expect to get the sharp cut off lines that HID housings give out, or the same amount of light since the headlamps are made for Halogen lighting and the bulb will not be centered. As for making these bulbs fit, search eBay for "D2S H7" a adapter will pop up to make these just snap in. This is a very great buy for the price.

Also only one of those bulbs are for projector housing, the rest are for reflector housing, two of the bulbs are D2R the other one is D2S, so you must remove the sheild around the bulb in-order to get the right light.

Check out www.hidforum.com for more info.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vteccured said:
do you have pics of yours installed, or a write up???
I'll answer some questions/concerns and each one individually can do more search to feel more comfortable:

Xenon bulbs burn cooler than Halogen and do not cause the housing or the lens to change color.

As stated earlier, no alteration to the headlight housing is needed. The Xenon bulb will sit in place of the original bulb.

No separate write up for installation, see what I posted on top. It is pretty simple, but if one can not understand it or figure it out, than you probably should not do it yourself and ask for someone that can help you.

I have taken photos in the past, but one can not really see much difference in them. The difference is clearly visible and amazing when driving the car at night. No you will not be blinding the traffic, only everything will be more visible: white lines, signs, objects, cars. :thumbup:

Looking at the headlights straight on, they look like Lexus or Acura headlights without projectors. This means that they are not with purple tint such as Audi, BMW or other projector type Xenon headlights.

Thanks for recognizing that this is a good buy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
vteccured
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing