Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 2004 B5.5 5 speed 4motion and I love it. One quick qustion. Has anyone put xenon (hid) d2s or d2r's into the halagen projectors? If so how does it look? I am more intested in how they workand if I should just go with siverstarts?

Thanks for the help.

Greg

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Mr.Jackalope? :roll: I heard that guy is a real nut case :crazy:

Totally just kindding Chris :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Actually Chris's not projector HID conversion kit is bad ass, and is something to be envied! Way to go Chris! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Your fellow SCV buddy

Rich :)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
chapie said:
Just picked up my 2004 B5.5 5 speed 4motion and I love it. One quick qustion. Has anyone put xenon (hid) d2s or d2r's into the halagen projectors? If so how does it look? I am more intested in how they workand if I should just go with siverstarts?

Thanks for the help.

Greg
JimmyDee has a 2004 and He put a kit in his stock projectors it. So the retrofit kit is a not a bad idea.

Most of the member here would advise you to use the OEM HID head lights which is a plug and play deal.

But the price difference of the retrofit kit is low enough to make using the kit more than an good idea.

I don' t really know what it is you are asking as far as how it works.

The retrofit kit basically uses a DS2 capsule with an adapter collar so that it will fit in the H7 housing.

You basically take the headlight wire connect it to the HID ballast and connect the HID ballast to the Xenon capsule. The hard part is making a hole in your headlight housing to route the wires through and finding a place to mount the ballasts.

Now for the silverstar question.

Silverstars are way better than stock. I use them because they are a moderate priced upgrade bulb. I think the PIAA bulbs may be a little better(I think)

Silverstars still can't compare to HID lights.

I feel once you have a four headlight system and the lowbeams are projectors then you can consider an HID conversion, if you have a regulare headlight they can be quiet offensive with HID.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
chapie said:

Thanks for the help.

Greg
JimmyDee has a 2004 and He put a kit in his stock projectors it. So the retrofit kit is a not a bad idea.

Most of the member here would advise you to use the OEM HID head lights which is a plug and play deal.

But the price difference of the retrofit kit is low enough to make using the kit more than an good idea.

I don' t really know what it is you are asking as far as how it works.

The retrofit kit basically uses a DS2 capsule with an adapter collar so that it will fit in the H7 housing.

You basically take the headlight wire connect it to the HID ballast and connect the HID ballast to the Xenon capsule. The hard part is making a hole in your headlight housing to route the wires through and finding a place to mount the ballasts.

Now for the silverstar question.

Silverstars are way better than stock. I use them because they are a moderate priced upgrade bulb. I think the PIAA bulbs may be a little better(I think)

Silverstars still can't compare to HID lights.

I feel once you have a four headlight system and the lowbeams are projectors then you can consider an HID conversion, if you have a regular headlights they can be quiet offensive and annoying to other drivers.

A good example of Offensive HID headlight would be the ones on the Caddilac escalade and the Lincoln aviator. both of those SUV's headlight should not have been approved by DOT.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
croman said:
as for HID's i have the OEM ones.. best mod ive done to my car i think.. spring the extra $$ and get the REAL THING :thumbup:

-Mark-
I definitely agree with mark. The OE HID's are definitely the best thing i've ever done to the car, literally a night and day difference. Save up for them or watch the classifieds, you will not be disappointed.

-geoff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.