Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have a 99 1.8t and yesterday while driving normal the car started to shake like if i had no gas and about to turn off... so i check all my conections for the blow off valve but everything was perfect so i took it to the mechanic today and he plug the car to the computer and it gave out 6 codes.. (by the way it was shaking and about to turn off for like 5 min then it went away and it just do it sporadicly now)

here are the codes :
1. 17956 P1548 Solenoid sporadic : valve for charge pressure control - N75 open.
2. 17544 P1136 bank 1 Mixture adaption (add) :system too lean
3. 16684 P0300 Random sporadic: multiple cylinder : misfire detected.
4. 16685 P0301 cylinder sporadic: 1: misfire detected
5. 16688 P0304 cylinder sporadic: 4: misfire detected
6. 16686 P0302 cylinder sporadic: 2: misfire detected

the mechanic erased all the codes and told me to drive it and bring it back when it shows the symptoms again since he drove it and only did the shaking symptom and lose of power for like 2 seconds then normal, so he doesnt know whats causing it. he said probably the fuel filter or the air sensor that is making the car run lean...

Any suggestions guys? anyone with this experience or that knows a lot about codes??? thanks.

·
Registered
2004 GLS 1.8T
12,142 Posts
I know from experience that running lean will cause misfires like you're experiencing. In my case it was vacuum leaks, but since you have a diagnostic pointing to the N75, that's where I'd be looking.

BTW, for the ease of anyone who tries to help you - is your engine stock? These cars don't normally have blowoff valves. (Also, unlikely to be the fuel filter, but possibly the MAF)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your answer scotts13, well i have a chip, BOV, intake and no catalitic but i've been driving it with all that for like 5 years already and no problem at all... Im gonna check on that N75 that i dont really know what is it lol. Well yesturday night for the first time since monday that my mechanic erase my check engine light memory, the light came up again while idling after a long drive... thats the weird part, i've been driving it like crazy and pushing it and running everywhere so that it can give me an error and the check engine light comes on again and nothing, but yesturday after being speeding i park and when im about to turn it off it came on again... anyways im gonna get it check today.
thanks for the replay tho.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Ok, I'm gonna have to vouch for him, I'm running catless too and I love it. A few cars without cats isn't gonna do anything to the environment. Hell, a few hundred thousand isn't either. What did they do before 1973? No cats prior to then.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i didnt know about that lol... but i got the car like that form the previous owner and i dont have smoke or anything so i guess im good lol

·
Registered
2004 GLS 1.8T
12,142 Posts
i didnt know about that lol... but i got the car like that form the previous owner and i dont have smoke or anything so i guess im good lol
It's not the visible stuff that gets you. And hey, SleeperWagon - I assume you never visited Los Angeles in the 70's or early 80's? The air is a lot better now; guess why.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts