Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i changed my DV to a TT dv and for some reason when i took the stock one off, there was some water and sludge in the stock one!!!
i was like WTF is this?? :suspicio: :suspicio:

has anybody had this happen?? does anybody have any idea how the water got there?

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump, i wanna know why this happens :nervous:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was oil....and thats normal....
no thats the thingit was not oil, it was dirty water, what the hell could that mean, a leak somewhere maybe??

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
2.0GTI said:
ok i changed my DV to a TT dv and for some reason when i took the stock one off, there was some water and sludge in the stock one!!!
i was like WTF is this?? :suspicio: :suspicio:

has anybody had this happen?? does anybody have any idea how the water got there?
How much water?... Can this be from condensation?

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
about a spoon full, its been there for a while , as it was dirty :suspicio:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it was on the intake side if that helps :???:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Exact thing happened to me. Probably a couple of tablespoons full of dirty water. I did let it dry out and there was a film of oil so there was a little oil in there. It seemed like a really bad thing to me but no problems yet.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Exact thing happened to me. Probably a couple of tablespoons full of dirty water. I did let it dry out and there was a film of oil so there was a little oil in there. It seemed like a really bad thing to me but no problems yet.
same story for me, i put a new TTdv it was the old one that was phucked :crazy:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no other takes on why it did that?anywone

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Because that's a part that is connected to what is essentially the intake side of your engine. The turbo blows air through the DV when there is a vacuum condition in the intake manifold. In that case, the water (or oil from the PCV Valve) that is in the intake, will get blown through the DV and will probably collect there when it closes.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Because that's a part that is connected to what is essentially the intake side of your engine. The turbo blows air through the DV when there is a vacuum condition in the intake manifold. In that case, the water (or oil from the PCV Valve) that is in the intake, will get blown through the DV and will probably collect there when it closes.
thank you, that makes perfect sense,that must be one of the reasons for DV failure :eek:h:

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
It's probably excess from the evap/PCV system. You may want to check the valve that connects to the intake hose going down to the turbo inlet, above and to the left of the N75 valve. It's called the "cylinder block breather pressure regulating valve", cool name huh? When I changed the N75 on my '01 and removed this valve, it was full of a liquid that smelled like gas/oil, but was almost clear like water. Probably had about 4 ounces of liquid in it, but stayed in the valve because of its orientation. Not sure how much it helped me run better, but I don't think it was designed for that purpose. I'm thinking yours might be full and leaked down through the turbo or other boost lines to the DV.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
8 Participants
ONE8T
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing