Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need the door strips that cover the bottom part of the door that's dark grey in order to paint them. Also missing 2 jack stand covers for the votex sideskirts. Contacted the dealer and they don't sell these seperate. Does anyone have any idea where to get these?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any advice? Should I just install these suckers and take off the 2 jack covers I have to make it look even?? Kinda ugly, but I guess that's what I'm going to have to do. I guess I can try painting the door slits using flex agent for now... How much more do you think the shop will charge me for this?

·
Registered
835 Posts
teflon80 said:
need the door strips that cover the bottom part of the door that's dark grey in order to paint them. Also missing 2 jack stand covers for the votex sideskirts. Contacted the dealer and they don't sell these seperate. Does anyone have any idea where to get these?
Will you sell me one of your jack stand covers?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry ronnieglasses. I'd rather hold on to them in case I am able to find a couple down the road. I'll let you know if I find any and where.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
what you can do is paint that door bottoms rather than try and buy caps. Your going to have to add flex paint so it doesnt chip, it being rubber and all.

And as far as missing jack stands, you can try to cut thin plastic and paint that yourself, and double side tape it to the holes.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to paint the door bottoms. The guy at the shop told me by adding that much flex agent to something as rubbery as that would maybe change the color of the paint.

I'm suprised they don't offer replacement parts for the votex. Buying sides for over $700 for no options of replacement if lost is ghey.

·
Registered
633 Posts
If you are talking about the rubber bottom of the door that is about 4 inches wide, as long as the door, textured, and actually attached to the door? then you can get them from the dealer. I asked mine after I scratched one of them and they said $22.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, I need the long plastic part that covers the rubberish part so I can paint it. I was so excited when I read your post, but after reading it closer I became disappointed. haha. thanks tho

·
Registered
633 Posts
are you saying that the votex side skirts come will something so that you can cover up the rubber bits? but you don't have yours?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeap, well actually I bought them without the covers. Also 2 jack stand covers were missing. I purchased it thinking I would be able to easily attain these pieces but that is not the case. :(

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
teflon80 said:
votex manufacturer? hmmmm google time
You cannot but any seperate pieces for the Votex kits! Not even the glue from the manufacture.
This sucks, yes big time. If you loose, or a part is stolen VW leaves you shit out of luck.
The front votex that has the mesh plastic screens that cover the center and fog lights cannot be purchased seperate either. So if one falls off/stolen your up the creek without a paddle! VW does not care.
So I quess the only thing to do since these whole votex parts cost an arm & leg is to file a comp claim with your insurance company to cover the cost of getting a whole new votex kit!
Hopefully you have a cheap deductable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts