Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know...wrong forum but if anyone has a vintage Beetle or knows of one for sale, I'm in the market.

Thanks
James

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,715 Posts
dont do it, its a sickness once you get an aircooled and a passat you really have no money, only saving grace is the aircooled parts are way cheaper than the passat parts.

oh and heres mine for inspiration ;)

·
Registered
691 Posts
spend the money up front to buy one as rust free as possible. it can be missing all sorts of stuff... but if it's rusty (especially from MI) you are in for a huge uphill battle. (speaking from current beetle resto-mod that is in progress)

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,715 Posts
spend the money up front to buy one as rust free as possible. it can be missing all sorts of stuff... but if it's rusty (especially from MI) you are in for a huge uphill battle. (speaking from current beetle resto-mod that is in progress)
That is the best advice when buying a vintage aircooled, i spent a mint on mine but it was rust free,restored 5 years ago and the chassis was rhino lined and the body was cancer free, it only has 3-4 little rust bubbles on the roof and drivers rear quarter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts