Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys new to the forum and VW ownership. Have a wife has a launch edition Atlas and now i have a 2003 b5 1.8t fwd Wagon. I am looking for a used full front and rear suspension setup. Let me know.

Cheers

·
Registered
992 Posts
I've put a lot of used parts on the 3 1.8t wagons I've owned over the years but I've always used new parts for a suspension refresh. There is a $150-200 set from China you can get from ebay or something that has been used by folks here with good reviews. It's hard to imagine anyone selling a used set of OEM parts for less than that. Maybe the OEM parts last longer but how many miles do they already have? Just my $0.02. Welcome to the forum and hope the car serves you well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've put a lot of used parts on the 3 1.8t wagons I've owned over the years but I've always used new parts for a suspension refresh. There is a $150-200 set from China you can get from ebay or something that has been used by folks here with good reviews. It's hard to imagine anyone selling a used set of OEM parts for less than that. Maybe the OEM parts last longer but how many miles do they already have? Just my $0.02. Welcome to the forum and hope the car serves you well.
Thanks do you have a link or anyone selling stocks as i am in a bind. bought car with recelands and it far to low

·
Registered
992 Posts
Here is one. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-vaico-parts/complete-front-control-arm-kit/8d0498998~vai/

I have no affiliation with the seller and there are many more kits available from different vendors. I'm not 100% sure but I think the parts are the same between V6 and 1.8t and wagon and sedan and even some Audi's of the same vintage use the same parts. Still best to verify the fitment though since there were some small changes during the B5-B5.5 era.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
The only thing you really have to worry about is making sure you have the proper front lower control arm to match the spindle/steering knuckle.
B5's had the larger taper/diameter ball joint.
B5.5's had the smaller taper/diameter ball joint.
Everything else is the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts