Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
rockin the nasty azz exhaust tips yo!!
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got a rack, please close

looking for the base bars for B5.5 sedan and a fork mount bike rack.
will negotiate price based on condition
will need to include paypal cost and shipping to 35226
pictures would be great as well, thanks

got it, please close

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Several OEM B5.5 roof racks have been for sale the last few months. Are you only interested if it comes with a bike rack attachment?

·
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no im just trying to get the racks and also get the bike attachment. They don't have to be together.

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
When they go on sale here, they go quick. Most potential sellers don't scan the "WTB" ads, they just go straight to their own "FS" thread--especially for hot items where it's a sellers' market.

·
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya thats what im worried about... I check it atleast once a day hoping that that is the case but still no luck. thanks for the adivce!

by the way, does anyone know where I could but a new set of racks and a bike rack? I went to the stealership today and was quoted $405 for the set (175 for the bike rack and 230 for the roof rack)... If I could find them for about 100 and mabey 150-170, I would be happy...

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
ya thats what im worried about... I check it atleast once a day hoping that that is the case but still no luck. thanks for the adivce!

by the way, does anyone know where I could but a new set of racks and a bike rack? I went to the stealership today and was quoted $405 for the set (175 for the bike rack and 230 for the roof rack)... If I could find them for about 100 and mabey 150-170, I would be happy...

Have you tried checking on eBay? Prices are not great but not terrible.

Fixmy59bug (Robert at Riverside VW in suburban LA) offers some great discounts on OEM parts through this website.

VWVortex has many more members but it seems far more Jetta and GTI owners than Passat owners. Not sure you could get a rack there vs. here since people often post the same items on both sites, but it would be worth a look.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts