Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
you could try german ebay I just ordered a set from there but they are taking forever to get here plus keep in mind the Euro keeps going up and up....

Zack

·
Registered
648 Posts
How much are you willing to Pay? I have W8 retro fitted to work with non-W8 Passat, the Bi-Xenon's work too, also comes with 8000K bulbs and 4100K OEM Philips. I might sell if offer is reasonable bceause I want to buy a pair of Euro Spec Ones.

Alex

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alex310 said:
How much are you willing to Pay? I have W8 retro fitted to work with non-W8 Passat, the Bi-Xenon's work too, also comes with 8000K bulbs and 4100K OEM Philips. I might sell if offer is reasonable bceause I want to buy a pair of Euro Spec Ones.

Alex
Any pics? Also, I don't understand if these are W8 housing or US B5.5 housing with an hid-kit installed? I basically want a pair of Euro Spec B5.5 Bi-Xenons, but I'm interested to see what it is you are talking about.

·
Registered
591 Posts
The W8 light housings are slightly different- I believe the W8 version of the B5.5 Bi-Xenon lamps uses a darker reflector housing-The W8 lights also include an automatic leveling system. Additionally, these lights are NOT plug & play- Hence for most users find the Euro spec lamps more desireable.
Here is a picture of jwil's W8 headlamp-
Hard to see much of a diffence using these images but....here ya go.

Here is an example of the normal Euro spec Bi-Xenon lamp- These lamps are plug & play with your standard harness. These lights also have the brighter reflector and manual leveling option-These are the lights I have in my Passat

·
Registered
648 Posts
They are W8 Headlamps Bi-Xenon, they are not EURO SPEC, I have retro fitted the connector so it can be PLUG and PLAY just like the EURO spec ones, are they are the same ones as in the picture above. imagestation.com is down right now, so I will post pics later.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alex310 said:
They are W8 Headlamps Bi-Xenon, they are not EURO SPEC, I have retro fitted the connector so it can be PLUG and PLAY just like the EURO spec ones, are they are the same ones as in the picture above. imagestation.com is down right now, so I will post pics later.
K, well if you could please post pics of the front and the rear of the headlight. If you want you can also just email me the pics to [email protected].

·
Registered
648 Posts
WoW, I just checked the EURO, it is wayyyy high now, I wanted to get the Euro Spec and get rid of these, but I guess I have to keep mines, sorry :???:

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alex310 said:
WoW, I just checked the EURO, it is wayyyy high now, I wanted to get the Euro Spec and get rid of these, but I guess I have to keep mines, sorry :???:
Alex,
Could you still post front and rear pics of the headlights you were talking about?

Thanks,
Jacob

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
11 Participants
4MyPassat
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing