Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am in the market for a new ride and I am particularly interested in buying a 1999, 2000 or '01 B5 Passat 5-Speed V6 or 1.8 preferably with less than 100K. well maintained. I am in OH will be interested in passats in ohio, michigan, illinois or PA.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I have a 99 Nebio Blue with black leather and sunroof. I think I am the second owner. I bought it a year ago with 139k and a broken timing belt. Had the head rebuilt and has 190 PSi on all 4 cylinders. Turbo has 40k on it. Of course new belts, etc. Just turned 150k. I have several goodies on it (angel eyes, GIAC chip, 16" rims, full wood trim, upgradded center consle to 2000 with gauges), but in stock form I want $4500. Could talk about the upgrades. Car runs great and is still very solid.

Don't really want to sell but I have a 99 V6 GLS black with black leather, V6 tiptronic, 119k miles which hasn't sold yet and something needs to go. BTW, I want $6500 for the GLS.

Miles are high but the price is right.

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
You can have mine for $7,000

1999 Passat GLS 1.8T tiptronic Just turned over 83K miles, the only flaw is a crack in the windshield.

Engine:
Wetterauer 1.1 bar ECU chip
Samco turbo inlet pipe & outlet pipe
ECS N75H race valve
Forge 007 chrome polished diverter
Cold Air Intake

Exhaust:
Fully free flowing side exhaust with stainless steel rectangle tip
ATP race pipe (CAT delete pipe)
Borla free flow muffler

Exterior:
Kamei front winglets
Kamei eyelids
JOM sideskirts
Zender trunklid spoiler
rear window diffuser (can't remember off the top of my head who it's from)

Wheels/Suspension:
18" Staggered wheels with lots of tread left
Neuspeed sport suspension

Moonroof
premium audio
A/C extremely cold
power everything (with the exception of power seats)
factory alarm
2 keyless entry remotes w/trunk opening button
Phatnoise MP3 jukebox with 20 gigs of space (aka Phatbox)

I may be missing a few things but you get the idea. I have all the
parts to put the car back to stock as well & would be included in the
sale including stock wheels.

-Paul

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Paul, why the sale? Those look like diff wheel then you had on at Treffen (I think). At least different than the April fools GTG.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Paul, why the sale? Those look like diff wheel then you had on at Treffen (I think). At least different than the April fools GTG.
These are my 3rd pair since then, I got these for winter & I have some 19" Iforged Monaco 3-piece wheels for the summer if I don't sell the Passat. I want to buy a house in a nicer area which means my mortgage will go up as well, & I want a garage so I am thinking about selling the Passat, I'll still have 2 more VW's left :thumbup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the offers, but I am looking for a V6 5-speed, stock or not much modded. will be using for a daily driver. i have already tryed autotreader and ebay, apart from those and craigslist.org are there any other websites for passats?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and another thing, i will need the car for august. I know that its early but I want to get a feel for the market.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
i have already tryed autotreader
No wonder you can't find a Passat, try Autotrader instead :poke:
Actually, you may have better luck in the Spring. It seems that more cars go up for sale in the warmer months, at least that's when I found mine. As for not wanting a modded car because it is going to be a DD. There is nothing wrong with a modded DD unless that is just not what you are into. I think many of the cars with mods here in PW are DD's.
You might try this:
http://www.autotraderglobal.com/register.asp

Anyway, Good Luck with your search.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
116k miles, but less than 60k on the engine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No wonder you can't find a Passat, try Autotrader instead :poke:
Actually, you may have better luck in the Spring. It seems that more cars go up for sale in the warmer months, at least that's when I found mine. As for not wanting a modded car because it is going to be a DD. There is nothing wrong with a modded DD unless that is just not what you are into. I think many of the cars with mods here in PW are DD's.
You might try this:
http://www.autotraderglobal.com/register.asp

Anyway, Good Luck with your search.
i misspelled autotrader.com , i actually bought my current car from there way back in 2002, so I know the site. but thanks for pointing out. I will start looking for cars as we get more closer to summer. craigslist has some really nice passats. also if anyone here is looking to sell his passat some time in the coming months send me a message it its a 5-speed V6 or well-maintained 1.8 with less than 100 K or around 110 K miles i will be very interested.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts