Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Write-up on cleaning engine bay

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  ACraig 
#1 ·
Can someone post the link to the write up on how to clean the engine bay, I cant find it for the life of me! Thanks

#7 ·
#8 ·
jasonmac said:
Jesstzn said:
I don't know if this is the one but its the one I use

http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=25
Yes, that's what I was going to use for my detail(s) over the next couple of weeks. What do you actually cover on your B5.5? Any specific areas to avoid/cover, if you cover them at all?
Actually on mine I don't cover anything as it has never gotten dirty ..

I wipe everything down with a damp cloth then dry it then apply a coat of Klasse AIO and buff off.

#9 ·
Did it today, looks awesome. I used simple green, a little brush like in the write up, and then washed, dried and used meguires rubber/vinil cleaner on rubber and hoses. Now I want o drive around with the hood open! :roll:
Watch your eyes! I'm probobly the only dumbass that would get the cleaner mist in the eyes (repeatedly!! :poke: )

#10 ·
Curry said:
Did it today, looks awesome. I used simple green, a little brush like in the write up, and then washed, dried and used meguires rubber/vinil cleaner on rubber and hoses. Now I want o drive around with the hood open! :roll:
Watch your eyes! I'm probobly the only dumbass that would get the cleaner mist in the eyes (repeatedly!! :poke: )
Awesome .. glad it turned out good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.