Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
I was being a smart-ass....see the Hemi thread for more stupid remarks like the one I made here...but the remarks in that thread are from people who actually believe them.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Just plain sexy is all it is! Here's a pretty good article from C&D where they picked it over a Ferrari Challenge Stradale and a Porsche 911 GT3 - C&D Article

·
Registered
9,154 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
That thing sucks. Somehow, Ford has made time travel possible, went back to the 80's and found designers to make this nasty thing. I'm sure driving it is cool, but looking at it stinks. Now, the only sweet car that has anything to do with Ford is the Saleen. Ford block.

Jonathan

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That thing sucks. Somehow, Ford has made time travel possible, went back to the 80's and found designers to make this nasty thing. I'm sure driving it is cool, but looking at it stinks.
jjasper13 - Let me guess....the 13 is your age! :lol:

This is Old School meets New School, son!! :p

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
atomicalex said:
Oh my, between the GT and the new Mustang, growing up Ford is looking like a good thing. I am just completely in love with both.

Props to Ford and their engineers for having the guts to build this car and have fun doing it.
100% agree.

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
DogWitaB5 said:
That thing sucks. Somehow, Ford has made time travel possible, went back to the 80's and found designers to make this nasty thing. I'm sure driving it is cool, but looking at it stinks.
jjasper13 - Let me guess....the 13 is your age! :lol:

This is Old School meets New School, son!! :p

:lol: :lol: :lol: My first thought exactly!!!!

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
It's pretty cool, no question. However, I would definitely take a Porsche GT2, or even a regular Turbo, over it for the price. The regular Turbo can be had for a little less than the GT and the GT2 for a little more. As for C&D, not sure why the put the GT3 up against it instead of one of the other two. The GT3 is more of a purists car but it does not perform quite as well as the Turbo or the GT2 (both of which at least accelerate as quickly or quicker than the Ford and have similar skidpad numbers). Nonetheless, the Ford is certainly an impressive car...they definitely got into the game in a big way.

·
Registered
237 Posts
jjasper13 - Let me guess....the 13 is your age!

This is Old School meets New School, son!!
Pass-Variant, DogWitaB5
If you're logic was correct, what Ford should have done was strap a 500 hp 5.4-liter V-8 onto a Model T. You must be pushing 60. Look at the picture that vuvision posted above. Sure, the new GT has the same power and possibly performance as a few of the elite, but it will never have the style and precision of Ferrari or Porsche. It looks like a cartoon. The biggest fans of this car are likely to be NASCAR loving rednecks(no insult intended, I've got plenty of redneck friends). I don't know what the pricetag on this thing is, but there is no way that you would pick the GT over a Ferrari if you had the money and they were both similar in price. And no, I'm not 13, but I used to be.

Jonathan

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
jjasper13 said:

Pass-Variant. If you're logic was correct, what Ford should have done was strap a 500 hp 5.4-liter V-8 onto a Model T. You must be pushing 60. Look at the picture that vuvision posted above. Sure, the new GT has the same power and possibly performance as a few of the elite, but it will never have the style and precision of Ferrari or Porsche. It looks like a cartoon. The biggest fans of this car are likely to be NASCAR loving rednecks(no insult intended, I've got plenty of redneck friends). I don't know what the pricetag on this thing is, but there is no way that you would pick the GT over a Ferrari if you had the money and they were both similar in price. And no, I'm not 13, but I used to be.

Jonathan
Dear Jon,

I work in a shop that works on Ferraris, Porches, Lambos, Maseratis et al.

They ain't that great.

Before you again make us painfully aware of your TOTAL, ALL-ENCOMPASSING IGNORANCE of this particular Ford product, please educate yourself.

Have a nice day.

Sharky

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
jjasper13 said:

Pass-Variant, DogWitaB5
If you're logic was correct, what Ford should have done was strap a 500 hp 5.4-liter V-8 onto a Model T. You must be pushing 60. Look at the picture that vuvision posted above. Sure, the new GT has the same power and possibly performance as a few of the elite, but it will never have the style and precision of Ferrari or Porsche. It looks like a cartoon. The biggest fans of this car are likely to be NASCAR loving rednecks(no insult intended, I've got plenty of redneck friends). I don't know what the pricetag on this thing is, but there is no way that you would pick the GT over a Ferrari if you had the money and they were both similar in price. And no, I'm not 13, but I used to be.

Jonathan
Jonathan - the guys at Car and Driver are a far cry from the redneck crowd. I think they've been accused of being EVERYTHING but rednecks! Mainly they are categorized as "elitists" because they almost always fall on the side of Europe or Asia first and anything non-American after that and American made usually last with a lot of arm twisting. That is to say, they seem very bias against and critical of American made automobiles. Believe me when I say, if Car and Driver gives the GT a nod over the Ferrari and Porsche in this comparison - you can believe it was earned - I know I've been a C&D subscriber for many years. As a side note - if rednecks drove around in $150,000 cars - well then by God sign me up! ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts