Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need your expert opinions. As B5.5 owner or leasee, I was wondering if you would chip your cars knowing in two years you are going to give it back. Is it worth the money?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Probably, just don't let me buy it. Which dealer did you get it from :lol: :lol: :lol:

...but seriously, you'll probably need a K&N air filter as well, AT THE VERY LEAST.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
mines leased, and its chipped. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion, but mines a 4 year lease, not 2.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Mines leased 4 years and Im chipped. In fact, I got the chip from the dealer (they sent my ECU to Wett). Then in that way I wont have any problems with any warranty claims. I love mod friendly dealers :p

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
You can, but it can not only void your warranty, but if they determine there is a problem when you turn the car in you have to pay to fix it. Even if that means installing a new ECU. Not saying don't do it, just saying consider the possible consequences for doing this.

That being said, I turned in 2 leases to them and they would never notice at the turn in inspection. They just do a visual inspection of the car and start the engine.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm leased .. short list of mods :crazy: .. the modding just got out of control :oops:

GIAC X-chip
GIAC Tip chip
Stoptech Big Brake Kit
Evoms FMIC
Evoms CAI
Remus Cat Back
EFK
N75

waiting to be installed ..

Random High flow Cat
ECS Crank Pulley
FK Coilovers
Forge DV

Future ..

Stage 3 Turbo Kit

But of course I'm going to keep my car, planning on changing it to a finance real soon. If all you plan to do is get a chip, you should just buy an extra ECU or maybe even APR direct port programming if its available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
marf34
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing