Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just went to edgeracing.com, it's a link on the top banner on clubb5 a lot. It was one of the "ER Bundles", 18-inch, $900-something with Supra 712's or just over $1000 with some Toyo's. Before shipping, but still a pretty good deal on some nice looking wheels with good tires.

·
Registered
26,811 Posts
If you get them,get the Toyos. make sure they fit without spacers,those brakes
are pretty big.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
get them

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Steeler B said:
dridge--This wheel exposes your breaks...keep that in mind. You may want to get bigger breaks...
Or just paint your originals until you can get an upgrade. :wink:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The brakes are pretty decent size already. I've got to be careful, cause I just got a house, and still have a "home theatre" project to complete. I'm afraid that 18's might then lead to bigger brakes which might lead to new suspension, etc, etc. We'll see, just wanted some opinions.

·
Registered
26,811 Posts
I would expect the 18''s would lead to the suspension. Unless you like the 4x4 look.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Nice wheels, and a great price! 18's would look SO sweet on your car!! ...but then you'll probably want to lower it a bit... but it would look so damn nice!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I would think the route of a new suspension would lead to new wheels would make more sense, but hey, whatever you like.

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
dridge11 said:
PZ said:
I would expect the 18''s would lead to the suspension. Unless you like the 4x4 look.
It is all wheel drive, is there a towing package for the W8? Does Rancho make a suspension kit?
Dridge11, There isn't much of a selcetion when it comes to our W8s and suspenison options. The only things I am aware of at this time (Other W8 owners feel free to chime it) are coilovers which are made by either KW, Konig, or springs that are manufactured by H&R.

As for me I have decided to go with Coilovers. :wink:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Really?! I've recently purchased a 2003 W8 and was hoping to use Eibach Pro springs to lower. Am I really limited to H&R if I want to go springs a opposed to coilovers? Want to keep the ride quality closest to factory as possible and from everything I read it sounds like Eibach Pros are the ticket...but if they don't have a W8 fitment I may be forced to go H&R. Anyone else have experience/suggestions putting springs on a W8?

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
my thoughts exactly

Steeler B said:
dridge--This wheel exposes your breaks...keep that in mind. You may want to get bigger breaks...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great rims

These look great at a great price, but have you confirmed with EdgeRacing that they will clear the breaks? There is a discussion going on right now about the difficulties of wheel fit on W8s in this thread: http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=72788 :cry:

These wheels are also very light (18 lbs in 17"). Any word on durability of Flik rims?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts