Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Browsing around, I see that the W8 HAS NO AFTERMARKET EXHAUST SYSTEMS! But wait, there's something, something special. Remus makes a system. But wait, it's expensive. I was expecting a $2000 cat-back system. So I search their website. And I find it. The Remus system...

Here, if you don't want to click a link, are the pictures.

Lefty...

Righty...

I think it looks pretty nice, if not the same. Maybe a little more circular than stock.

They cost 263 Euro... which converts to around 315 USD... ouch. For ONE muffler... OUCH!

So would it be worth it? I know it would sound so much awesome-er (I know...), and there might be some MPG gains, but how much do you think it will give me performance-wise? I'm coupling this with a BTC air filter and I'm trying to make a custom heat sheild. And the Wett chip, too. Someone give me links on the BTC air filter (or is it BMC... I don't know?).

Overall, do you think this is worth $630 unshipped? I'm waiting for your opinions!

Thanks!

·
Registered
745 Posts
ahah, they look good, will sound good (remus sounds so awesome so they will definatly add that to your car) but 630 unshiped for 2 mufflers is kinda expensive. I mean they are quality mufflers and everyone knows remus is expensive. But since there isnt no full cat back system I guess this is a good solution.
I dunno anything about performance wise and just wrote to make fun of you :p

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
The Remus Mufflers are an O.K. add-on for the Passat. They sound good, but when I first modded my 2000 4 Motion I ended up switching from the Remus Mufflers to the full SuperSprint Cat-Back. There's not a significant power-increase from using the Remus replacement resonator/mufflers. You may even want to check if some Audi RS6 exhausts are still available or contact SuperSprint and let them know that you are interested in a full cat-back for the W8.

Here's the link you were looking for! What were you building a heat-shield for? BMC Air Filters

Good luck, I think I'll wait for SuperSprint. I wonder if GHL Motorsports will do a custom header and exhaust setup for us??

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Swami.

Would an RS6 exhaust fit our cars? What would it be, a catback? Or the full system?

I guess I'll try to contact SuperSprint... and do you know where I could find an RS6 exhaust? Maybe all of use W8 drivers should contact SuperSprint in a storm, then they'll relize how big of a demand there is for the W8. :)

And The Swami, I'm trying to make a heat sheild for the whole W8 intake. I know that plastic can't repel heat too well.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
i would wait for a full-cat back... i dont see any real performance gain possibilities in just a different sounding muffler.

also, the rs-6 headers would be diffrent than ours because we have a crazy w8 configuration 72 degress cylanders and all

maybe the downpipe back would work, if anything, but i have no idea

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just sent two emails to SuperSprint and Remus. I hope they will reply soon. Here's the one to SuperSprint...

SuperSprint,
I have been referred to your company through multiple sources, be it a website, a magazine, or a friend. I am the owner of a 2003 Volkswagen Passat W8 4Motion, and I am in the process of searching for a new exhaust. But wait a minute, there are NO AFTERMARKET EXHAUST SYSTEMS FOR THE W8! That is why I am sending you this email, to ask you to please consider an exhaust system for the VW Passat W8. The demand is there, I assure you. There are thousands of W8 owners, from the UK to the US, from Australia to Canada. If you were to produce an aftermarket exhaust system, such as a cat-back, you would be the ONLY manufacturer supplying W8 owners with an exhaust option! You would have no competition, no other options are currently available.
I am considering SuperSprint because of your already widespread reputation for excellent exhaust systems and your exhaust systems' reliability. I am a member of www.clubB5.com, and many of the people there have your cat-back system for their 1.8T or 2.8 V6 Volkswagen Passat. There are also many W8 owners there, searching for performance mods, and I'm one of them. There are little performance modifications we can do, since no manufacturer realizes the demand. I assure you, there is a demand, and it's pretty strong. You have the reputation of a quality exhaust system manufacturer, and coupling that with a nearly exclusive production of an exhaust system for the W8 would produce fantastic results in sales and customer satisfaction.
Maybe you don't realize the demand. Maybe I should make a petition, or something similar, so you could see that the demand is, in fact, there? Anything to help persuade you to produce an exhaust system for the W8. I'm sure a complete cat-back kit would be a hit in the W8 modding culture.

Thank you for your time,
-name removed-
There. I also sent one to Remus, which was practically the same (except for the 'SuperSprint' :p). I hope they will reply, even to let me down.

Maybe we should start a petition? Who wants to do it? :D

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Guys, we all should contact SuperSprint to have them consider developing an exhaust system for the W8. The last engineer who contacted me said that the V6 exhaust may fit the system, but I'm not going to jerry-rig anything on my car. Remus' full exhaust systems can't touch the quality of SuperSprint. Another vendor you might consider contacting is GHL Motorsports! hint...hint..

Something CAT-BACK would be great, but if a company did header back..
:thumbup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
:thumbup:Remus all the way! I just got my remus exhaust and I think its way worth it! It sounds great not loud at all, performance wise you feel a little gain....But overall its a great exhaust, not to mention how good it looks! I got it because I hate how those rice rockets sound..remus sounds so sweet, deep and throaty. I have heard the sprint one and you can't even tell you have an exhaust, it too low of a sound!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.