Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to be SERIOUSLY considering selling my Variant? maybe it's the frustration of it not even being done yet but right now I'm VERY tempted to sell it and get an 06 Legacy wagon, A4 avant or E36 or E4 wagon. Maybe I'll pit a feeler up or something. I need to sleep on it.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just little things: hatch blend, rear votex wing, intake and engine covers, b- and c-pillar covers and replace the back window with a W8 back window with the integrated antenna.

·
I'm Urlik's Hero
9,783 Posts
Yes, so wrong, finish it, quit the whining and beat that other post whoring whiner who's rolling on 20s ;)

Seriously, yes that was a joke, keep it and finish it. You'll feel differently then.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Do NOT trade your Passat for a Legacy.........I've been in the position before where I ran out of things I could (afford to) do to a car, and got bored with it.......so I'm not gonna tell you to keep something you're tired of. But a Legacy wagon is a definite step backwards, even if it's got the 2.5T motor........I've had Subarus (02 WRX) and my good friend has an 05 Outback, and it is a CHEAPLY built car.......the doors sound like they're made from aluminum foil when you slam 'em, the manual trans feels like shit, etc. They feel like an economy car, and the Passat feels like an Audi;)

If you sell, keep it in the VW/Audi family.............;)

Ben

to be SERIOUSLY considering selling my Variant? maybe it's the frustration of it not even being done yet but right now I'm VERY tempted to sell it and get an 06 Legacy wagon, A4 avant or E36 or E4 wagon. Maybe I'll pit a feeler up or something. I need to sleep on it.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
2004+ S4 Avant MT6 - should keep you happy, and give you room to mod.
Or pick up a W8 MT6 Variant and stay in the Passat family?
If I do decide to get something new it won't be a Passat. the s4 would be choice but is WAY out my budget. The a4 avant has always been a favorite of mine but an e46 wagon is sooooooo clean but a tad small. i'd have to do some test driving. whatever i get WILL be a wagon, it WILL have a manual and it WILL be bigger than my wife's jetta. :lol:

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Paul...dont sell it. You are too close to getting the main body work done. I know it can be frustrating at times, I have thought about selling mine on numerous occasions. Just wait it out and you will be thankful you kept it. You have gone to far to scrap the project now...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Paul...dont sell it. You are too close to getting the main body work done. I know it can be frustrating at times, I have thought about selling mine on numerous occasions. Just wait it out and you will be thankful you kept it. You have gone to far to scrap the project now...
I agree. DONT SELL!! Finish it. If you sell, you'll always wonder "what if". Don't quit. Stick it through. It'll be worth it in the long run

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The sad thing is the main body stuff is done already. I'm only waitong on some little pieces. Part of it was me being tired and that window thing really pissed me off. The other thing is I STILL haven't found that set of wheels that is perfect yet. I'm feeling much more positive now though especially after getting chased down by a kid in an Escalade so he could give me a thumbs up and then watching a couple in a civic with dealer plates still on it circle my car on the freeway trying to figure out what I was driving and then the wife pointing at my car and her husband saying "we should have bought one of those". :D

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
The sad thing is the main body stuff is done already. I'm only waitong on some little pieces. Part of it was me being tired and that window thing really pissed me off. The other thing is I STILL haven't found that set of wheels that is perfect yet. I'm feeling much more positive now though especially after getting chased down by a kid in an Escalade so he could give me a thumbs up and then watching a couple in a civic with dealer plates still on it circle my car on the freeway trying to figure out what I was driving and then the wife pointing at my car and her husband saying "we should have bought one of those". :D
Those are signs...listen to them...KEEP YOUR DUB :p :thumbup: :D I know the perfect set of wheels for you. Ok probably not...but i thought it might make you feel better :lol:

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I'm starting to lean back towards keeping the car too. It's never had a SINGLE issue, runs and rides like a dream so I really have nothing to complain about. I think i just need to get laid.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts