Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Temps regularly hit 110+ here. My car pulls timing back, detonates, etc....Not to mention we can only get 91 octane here. Would I benefit from getting cooler plugs for my chipped AEB during the hotter times of the year? I'm currently running F7LTCR's.

Any part number/brand suggestions?

-Mark

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I'm running denso iridium IK22's. I never really did a before and after to see if timing improved though. I just wish we would get 93 octane here. that would solve a lot of our issues....

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
You should benefit from them. Cooler plugs will be less prone to overheat and will better conduct heat from combustion chamber and minimize possibility to have detonaton. Heat range 6 is what you need.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
shabby, I know that there are some differences between the AEB and later cars. From what I understand we should run copper plugs on our AEBs. Don't your cars come stock with platinum NGKs?

-Mark

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgot to ask, what is the heat range of the Bosch F7LTCR? Does anyone have a part number for a slightly cooler Bosch Plug?

-Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.