Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I'm a newbie here who drives a 2000 Passat and have already found lots of great info - thanks to all....

I'd like to ask for help identifying an item I just found *loose* in my engine compartment (luckily it hadn't fallen out onto the street). I hope I'm not showing my ignorance but have no idea what this is or where it's supposed to be connected! Any info would be greatly appreciated.

-lars

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Looks like the device that holds your corner lights in. The left side (in the picture) should be permanently attached to the light, and the right hooks on to the car.

Check both corner lights...

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
the mettal end hooks into the corner light

you then pull it back with your finger in the loop and that little notch clips on to something ( i havent done it for the b5 yet but it looks exactly the same as my 87 mazda 626 corner clip)

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I was going to kill the passenger side one...I was trying to pull the clip around the wrong way. I seems obvious now...but it was dark at the time.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
Antoddio said:
Looks like the device that holds your corner lights in. The left side (in the picture) should be permanently attached to the light, and the right hooks on to the car.

Check both corner lights...
the hook does come off, but can be slid on easily. mine came off, and i just popped it back onto the corner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts