Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I know this board is dedicated to members' Passats, so moderators, if you want to relocate this thread please do so. I just thought it would fit because I think we all need a place to discuss the worst modifications you've seen done to VW Passats. You've seen them, and wondered what the hell the owner was thinking. Now we can discuss and share the worst of the worst.

I commute to college and park in a huge lot, so there's a few strange-looking Passats kicking around. I'll start out with a couple photos of a B5.5 that I always end up parking next to. It's got MKV Jetta wheels, which is totally fine. However, the first offense is this tacky "turbo" badge the owner has stuck on the back...

However...this is what caught my attention. I guess they wanted stainless steel exhaust tips, but had no idea how to do it properly. So...why not just bend the original pipes up a bit, and jam some stainless steel tips on?

However, I know there's worse. So...let's see 'em.

·
Thinks He is Slick
4,483 Posts
This thing...I dont know what in the word he was thinking! Cut springs, rubber bands on wheels etc...

·
Moderate Moderator
16,464 Posts
There are a lot of people out there who see nice, custom or modified cars and would like to follow suit. But many don't have the skills or knowledge to do it properly. This is why you see trashy, half-azz, tasteless modifications like the travesty Nesho posted above.

(;):p:lies!:)

·
Thinks He is Slick
4,483 Posts
:lol: I just dont get posts like these. Are they on your car OP? If they are not then who cares, people put them on there because they like it. They paid money for it for a reason. If thats what they go for then more power to them. I hear it daily when i drive into parking lot and all i do is smile! I like what i did with it and really dont care what others think.

My .02!

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,288 Posts
Reactions: Nesho

·
Registered
686 Posts
Riced out passats

Also funny, I google imaged "worst passat" and I saw that atrocious passat nesho linked, and it traces to this thread. Look at it, the license plate is not even level and it's attached with zip ties. Are you even trying?

·
Moderate Moderator
16,464 Posts
Where can I get that "turbo" badge? I want to put one over each outside door handle so anyone getting into my car knows it has a turbocharger. I also want to put one on the passenger side dash and on the backs of the front seats so people inside don't forget. I'd also like to add several across the back of the trunk lid for people behind me. Do you think they make them in reverse-writing so I can put some on the front of the hood and people can read them in a rear view mirror? That would be Absolutely Awesome! If I have any left over I'll put them on my truck. It's not turbocharged but I'm pretty sure I can fool everyone. Group Buy anyone?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Where can I get that "turbo" badge? I want to put one over each outside door handle so anyone getting into my car knows it has a turbocharger. I also want to put one on the passenger side dash and on the backs of the front seats so people inside don't forget. I'd also like to add several across the back of the trunk lid for people behind me. Do you think they make them in reverse-writing so I can put some on the front of the hood and people can read them in a rear view mirror? That would be Absolutely Awesome! If I have any left over I'll put them on my truck. It's not turbocharged but I'm pretty sure I can fool everyone. Group Buy anyone?
Don't forget about the mudflaps!!!:poke:

·
Moderate Moderator
16,464 Posts
I can only say one thing about the above Passat.

DIBBS if it's for sale!

Of coarse I'd need to add my personal touch (forty seven Turbo badges).
I think it also needs more cowbell. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts