Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
I believe that radio also has navigation built-in. As such, it wouldn't work right without OEM navigation hardware installed, like a GPS reciever and possibly a hard drive to store maps on.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I looked at doing the same thing a while back. There are adapters that you can buy to hook up the double din radio to cars that were only single din, but the price was pretty high. Include the adapter and buying the stereo you might as well get an aftermarket stereo form crutchfield.

I will see if I can find where I found the wiring adapter.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If u look under the items needed, do u really think u need all 4 of those harnesses?

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
not the navigation b/c that would cost alot to upgrade, just looking for a radio to fill both sections instead of the one, it has to be a monsoon and accept that i have a CD changer. and everything must work. and hopefully the person likes trades.

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
you would need a the plug to go in the the double din, you would need the reverse harness for you current wiring, you need the antenna adapters, and you need a adapter for the CD changer. Check out metra's website, I believe they have a write up

1 - 15 of 15 Posts