Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i wanted to adjust the headlights in my car to go a little higher off the road and i did that but in doing that the screw were stripped bc they are cheap pieces of sh*t the VW puts in their. I have a 2003 GLS if that helps ... how can i fix that screw bc right now im driving around and people think my highbeams are on and they arent, they get really shocked when i turn the high beams on though;) please help....

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
You may have broken the whole adjustment assembly, in which case I believe you need to replace the headlight housing :sad:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and more goes wrong

ok so i fixed the levels, but now when i drive my headlights shake if i hit a bump in the road ... how do i fix this ..?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
You can take out the assembly quite easily by
1) first removing the screws that hold it from the top (they have smooth plastic caps that you have to pull off first)
2) then unhook the white plastic spring hook holding in your corner,
3)pull out the corner and remove the third screw on the side of the assy,
4) pull it out (may take some jimmying and/or removing the screw holding the rubber bumper and top grille on). Take off the wiring connector and the rubber caps on the back where the bulbs go in and inspect the adjustment screws/ projection assy to see if anything is broken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
luvmyb5
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing