Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: I cracked one of the pieces of my wood interior (The right front passenger side door handle wood grain cover) and the dealer says it'll cost around 118 dollars for that one little piece (it's like 1.5 inches X 5 inches I guess).
Does anyone know of another option I can pursue?? I've tried salvage in the area, but no one has anything newer than a 95 passat. I don't think Impex carries the parts.

Thanks in advance for any help you can throw to a fellow driver....

- 2001 B5 Passat GLX Sedan -
Indigo Blue

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
you can buy the plastic wood replacement pieces from the group buy thread. the whole kit is $70 or so. maybe check with the seller, and maybe he could sell you one piece. of course, the color might not match exactly, so that might be a concern too.

·
Registered
170 Posts
It costs so much because it's real wood not plastic. I broke my front passenger handle and paid $98 :eek: Get this, the center console is something like $500. :crazy:
I was tempted to rip out all the wood and get euro spec alluminum. Bite the bullet and get the real wood. The plastic will stand out and look out of place.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
NOSswitchB5 said:
There is a real piece of wood in there. Its thickness is likely measured in microns, but there is real wood.
Yeah, one of mine was cracked in half while installing new speakers and the wood is extremly thin, i'd say at most credit card thickness. :suspicio:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
IDriveaGLX
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing