Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's one thing to join the 400 mile club with 50% highway driving, but I joined it with about 35% highway driving and 65% city and suburban driving.
Fuel economy was the 2nd best I've ever had for a tank as were the total miles driven on the tank.

93 Octane

89 Octane

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,900 Posts
I'm trying to figure out why more than half the threads Sal starts in Club B5 aren't really B5 related, but usually more Anything Auto topics...?

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm trying to figure out why more than half the threads Sal starts in Club B5 aren't really B5 related, but usually more Anything Auto topics...?
It's still B5.5 1.8T Tip related related because my post would be laughable if I drove a Prius or even a Camry Hybrid. Everyone would be like, big deal I could do that driving like Speed Racer.

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
so you're making custom 91 octane insead of just buying it straight? GENIUS why didnt i think of that??
None of the places around where I live sell 91 octane, and the one place near my lady friend's house that sell's 91 octane are crooks, and they didn't even let me mix 93 and 89. I tried and and the pump wouldn't take my credit card for the second part of the mix. I went to the cashier, and he said he won't let me fill it up either. Crooks like that won't ever get my business. Their shady practices can be seen just with this photo, as they say a picture is worth a thousand words.
This was back in the good old days when gas was really cheap.

BTW, making my custom 91 saved me 74 cents on this tank. It's not much, but I still think it's worth an extra 30 seconds of my time. For some people 74 is not worth even 5 extra seconds, but we'll see if they feel the same way when oil is $200 a barrel, or $300 a barrel if there's a war with Iran.

·
Banned
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I may be opening a can of worms here but why not just use the 93 octane?
15.17 gallons @ 93 octane= $57.63

15.17 gallons with my custom 91 should be $56.88, but for some reason I got charged $56.30, I think that the counter is actually a little innaccurate and that I only pumped 15.014814 gallons total

In that case 93 octane would have cost $57.04

my custom 91 would have cost roughly $56.30(which it DID)

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
BTW, making my custom 91 saved me 76 cents on this tank. It's not much, but I still think it's worth an extra 30 seconds of my time. For some people 76 is not worth even 5 extra seconds, but we'll see if they feel the same way when oil is $200 a barrel, or $300 a barrel if there's a war with Iran.
War with Iran? What does this have to do with B5s?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
All this over saving 41 cents?

Sal, what you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent postings were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

·
Registered
594 Posts
is Sal29 just someone from another forum/group trying to spread confusion and disinfermation?....just joking around:)

·
The Rubberband Man
3,552 Posts
BTW, making my custom 91 saved me 74 cents on this tank. It's not much, but I still think it's worth an extra 30 seconds of my time. For some people 74 is not worth even 5 extra seconds, but we'll see if they feel the same way when oil is $200 a barrel, or $300 a barrel if there's a war with Iran.

VVVThese 74's were definitely worth 30 seconds of MY time.

I just spent 74 cents worth of The GREEK's bandwidth.

Does it make a difference? No.

Fact #1: $0.74 is 0.76081% of $56.30. A noticeable savings? No.

Fact #2: I lost $0.74 the other day at work.....when I farted.

Fact #3: What the HELL, SAL??? C'mon, man! This $0.74 savings is ridiculous. I mean, are you trying to recoup the money you've spent on the Goldster penny by penny? Okay, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt by calling $0.74 a dollar. How many tanks a year do you use? 45 or 50? You will save $5 a month, to use a metric number.
My point here is this: Over a course of 10 or 15 years (all things being equal) you can save $450 to $750 by using your 91oct mixture. Sounds like its worth it, right? Maybe it is for you, I don't know. The thing you need to think about that is far more valuable than saving $0.74 per tank is that fact that respectability level in the world is dropping off faster than a prom dress each time you post a not-so-well-thought-out-bit-of-information/ just-like-to-see-people-give-me-attention thread. Self respect, man. Self respect. Someday, hopefully, it will be of higher value to you than it is now.

Hopefully.

uu8

1 - 20 of 62 Posts