1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
I got this feeling Rummy won't.

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
It's typical courtesy for all members of a first term administration to tender their resignations for a second term. The more important question is whether they are accepted. Fortunately, Ashcroft's probably will be.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
J-RAD said:
It's typical courtesy for all members of a first term administration to tender their resignations for a second term. The more important question is whether they are accepted. Fortunately, Ashcroft's probably will be.
Foxnews.com confirmed it was.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Damn VAB5, I was so exited to get back to my computer to start this thread, and you beat me! Oh, well doesn't spoil the good news. :thumbup: . Now the big question, who will replace him? :suspicio: Hard to imagine it could be any worse than Ashcroft though, again :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, Syncro. Wireless laptop in the kitchen while I'm making dinner! <homer simpson> Stupid Technology! </homer simpson>

As I remind my wife when she bitches about her boss:
Be careful what you wish for...the cure might be worse than the disease!

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Liberal or conservative, everyone has too agree that Ashcroft is an asshole.
I'm happy to see him leave.

Rummy is my BOY! I hope he stays. It's absolutely necessary that he be able to finish transforming the military into a smaller, faster, and smarter force for the 21st century.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Uh, Rummy won't be your "Boy" (that's kinda gay, btw) when you're pulled into service in Iran or Syria.

Listen, the Pre-emptive Doctrine wasn't in *response* to 9/11, it was *sped-up* by 9/11. They're not done.

The Lean, Mean Fighting Machine was tested in Iraq, and it DIDN'T WORK. Smart bombs don't mean anything if they're launched by stupid people.

China will soon be a rival for the US, and tension will increase. This is gonna get ugly unless the Necons are gone.

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
VAB5 said:
The Lean, Mean Fighting Machine was tested in Iraq, and it DIDN'T WORK. Smart bombs don't mean anything if they're launched by stupid people.
Not even close VAB5, we're still using a cold war force structure and equipment. At least they finally brought a Stryker brigade in wich is part of Rummy's vision. He's still battling for a LOT of changes in the way DoD does business, most of it is not how we fight.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
yeah, i'm not so sure Rumsfield is the source for your bones to pick. you might need to dig deeper into the administration and pentagon.

i like him, he's straight forward. "old europe" that was great.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Yeah, rummy wants to make the army less "cold war" and more "rainbow six." He's trying to undue decades of dated pentagon culture. I don't blame rummy for the policy of pre-emption, I blame bush and cheney.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts