Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about ading an in-dash DVD, is there a gizmo out there, I can use/add to output GPS signals on my DVD?

Regards.

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
The new Pioneer AVIC system is the only one that will do everything you want in a single unit. The next best thing would be an in-dash screen/cd/dvd player and a separate Navi unit.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
But then you need a location for the screen. If you use a regular screen like you did (which is bad ass BTW) then you have no DIN slots available. Using a flip out solves that but it would most likely have the cd player in it already.

I'm going to revisit your thread though. If I can sell my IVA-C801 and DVA-5200 I want to do something like that.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
yes, it will fit. it's a single din unit with a flip up screen. the new eclipse units will work as well. I have a Kenwood DDX7015 and you can add navi to that if you want as well. lots more options now than when this thread was created.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
quality_sound
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing