Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The T1's ex-McLaren designers, Ben Scott-Geddes and Graham Halstead, will join Caparo CEO Angad Paul for the unveiling.

1000 bhp-per-Tone Power-to-Weight Ratio

The ultra lightweight T1, which weighs less than 1100 lbs, is a British designed 2-seater which has been developed using aerospace and high formula racing technology. The compact Caparo V8 engine develops approximately 500 bhp and the resultant 1,000 bhp-per-tone power-to-weight ratio endows the T1 with an extraordinary 0-60 mph time of 2.5 seconds, 0-100 mph time of 5 seconds and 0-100-0 mph time of less than 10 seconds making it the world’s fastest accelerating and braking road car. It is also fast round corners with 3g braking and cornering ability equivalent to a Le Mans Prototype.

The T1’s high power-to-weight ratio delivers phenomenal performance on the track. Similarly, the same principles of lightweight design in a car one-third the weight of the average family saloon combined with a normal 15 gallon (70-liter) fuel tank means a range better than the average car of up to 500 miles (800 km) on public highways. And that is sufficient to tackle seven hours of driving from London to Le Mans, a distance of 338 miles (544 km), without refueling, before putting in a blistering performance on the circuit.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
:Yikes:

Oh...I want one. Bad.

I wonder how much.

And that is sufficient to tackle seven hours of driving from London to Le Mans, a distance of 338 miles (544 km), without refueling, before putting in a blistering performance on the circuit.
But will you pee blood after you get there?

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
:eek:h:

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I really like it.
Looks really cool and is insanely fast.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Good job spotting the mirrors...I didn't even notice it till you mentioned.

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
3g's in the corners and braking?!? If that's actually true (hell, if it's even half that), I don't know what to say...

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
A 125cc shifter kart, with no aero, can generate around 2.5 G's iirc. With full aero, this should easily be able to generate that.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Aren't the pics cg? It looks like a screen shot from GT4. Anyhoo, I don't like how narrow it is next to the cabin. The bottom shot make the cockpit look like an egg... Mork from Ork stylz.

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
stealthx32 said:
A 125cc shifter kart, with no aero, can generate around 2.5 G's iirc. With full aero, this should easily be able to generate that.
I hear ya, although a shifter cart has a significantly lower weight and cg. Sounds like this thing would be a kick ass little track car (doesn't have any other real purpose)...and that's OK except that a quarter of a million dollars is kind of steep for such a single purpose vehicle. But then again, it's all about the toys, I guess...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts