Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First - the more I read - the more I love this forum. Thanks for all the help. Now for my question.

2 Symptoms -

1.) Drivers door switch does not work - no dome light / does not set off alarm - Alarm will rearm even if you open the door.
2.) Convenience features on Drivers door don't work. So, if I open the door with the key the alarm will go off - Also, I can't control the windows / sunroof from the drivers door. The convience close / open works from the passengers door.

So, I thought it was the CCM. I opened it up, checked the wiring and the like. It all looked perfect. No corrosion, moisture or powder. Everything was like new.

I then think its the drivers door latch with the built in door switch. But, since the convience features aren't working. I thought it could be the lock module inside the drivers door.

I'm confused? Seems like these could be related or could just be a fluke that they happened together.

Anyone had a similar problem. Do you think I could find that in the wiring diagram? Thanks in advance for any info.

-Stephen

I had also posted under this thread. - http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=87238&highlight=

·
Registered
350 Posts
Does the speaker in the driver's door work? How about the mirror controls?

One easy thing to check is the wiring between the door and the body.
Theres a rubber baffle there and it is a common spot for the wires to break.

ALL my wires on the left rear door have broken and the right side ones are frayed.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a good idea. Ill check it. Any idea on the wire colors. Ill just have to look up in the diagrams. I was also going to meter the wires inside the doors to see if

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
If you can find no damaged or broken wiring, there's a good chance it's your drivers door module. All "comands" read by the CCM from the drivers door go through the door module.

They're not cheap though. Try to find someone in your area who can VAG Com the CCM to check faults. :beer:

·
Registered
310 Posts
It's your door module. It's about $150 (or free under warranty). Eleanor is having the same problem. My rear drivers door window at times will not lock with the remote. The door light doesn't come on either. In all (unless you do it yourself) will cost about $300 (parts and labor)

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I plan on using this post - got the link off club B5. http://www.taligentx.com/passat/maintenance/ To try and R & R - that is remove and REPAIR. The lock module. Unless its wires in the door jam and I doubt it. Then I think I have some issues in the lock module.

Was $150 for new or used?

Thanks for the quick replies :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.