Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, first post! It feels weird because I generally just lurk haha!

A while back I leant my sister my 2001.5 2.8 4Motion Passat, and oil pressure problems arose and she returned the car with a bad rod bearing. Instead of fixing the bearing, I decided to source a different 2.8 to swap in. I removed the old engine and trans as a unit and swapped everything over that needed to be put on the new engine and then plopped the baby back into the car. Life got in the way and I unfortunately had to postpone the project for a while. When I was able to come back to the car to continue to work on it, I realized that I forgot where a good amount of the wiring harness plugs were supposed to go! And like a total noob, I didn’t even think to mark/ label them as I was disconnecting them. Can anyone point me in the proper direction to find something that will tell/ show me where they go? Thanks in advance! :D

·
Registered
27,066 Posts
If you lay the harness out you will find it generally has 2 sections, left and right. Apart from the vacuum plate/throttle body, everything comes close to lining up with the plugs.
This writeup might help, it has a lot of pics of the top end. If you have specific plugs, post a pic and we can let you know where they go.

Reactions: dakotay

·
Registered
27,066 Posts
I've got plenty of other pics that might help, but let me know which ones you are stuck on.

·
Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,434 Posts
I have a full set of schematics in the Bentley manual, if you get stuck. (The B5 A4 Bentley schematics have been a lifesaver with the 1996 A4.)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a full set of schematics in the Bentley manual, if you get stuck. (The B5 A4 Bentley schematics have been a lifesaver with the 1996 A4.)
Hello John,
I have problems with the fuel pressure regulator 2 control circuit open, I will like to find out which cable is open but I can not get a copy of the circuit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27,066 Posts
There are no electronics on the FPR in any B5 that I have seen (not sure about the W8).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello John,
I have problems with the fuel pressure regulator 2 control circuit open, I will like to find out which cable is open but I can not get a copy of the circuit.
any idea about pin out of this unit, #2 fuel pressure regulator FSI eng.

·
Registered
27,066 Posts
FSI is not a B5 Passat engine. That is a high pressure fuel pump used on later direct injection motors. There is no harness for that. The V6 FSI was a 3.0 or 3.2 engine on later Audi models.

·
Registered
27,066 Posts
What engine do you have? Check the 2 letter code on the passenger side head. Take a picture of the whole engine, I think you have the wrong type. The fuel pressure sensor you posted is not for a B5 Passat, it was used on later (2006+) engines with direct injection.

·
Registered
54 Posts
What engine do you have? Check the 2 letter code on the passenger side head. Take a picture of the whole engine, I think you have the wrong type. The fuel pressure sensor you posted is not for a B5 Passat, it was used on later (2006+) engines with direct injection.
My Passat is a 2007 (b6). Eng 2.0 FSI turbo 4 cylinder. Maybe I posted it in the wrong place.

·
Registered
27,066 Posts
Yes, you need to post in the B6 section.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've a 2004 passat gls AT 1.8t. I bought it 2 days before covid, got misfire codes on 1,3,4 high ias, crankshaft position and generic 1176 code. I replaced ignition coils, spark plugs, serpentine belt, timing belt, timing belt tensioner, water pump, thermostat, valve cover gasket.

Had issues with the wiring harness so I got one from a MT '04 passat, and now I'm having a heck of a time finding where all the connectors go, and cannot find a diagram anywhere.

·
Registered
2002 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX 4Motion
182 Posts
Here's a wiring diagram for that model...https://www.dropbox.com/pri/get/Public/vw.b5.wd.49.pdf?_subject_uid=63042105&w=AAARiieiXrWnUulYRiScHbzNajFqk7mSd9fTVJCethA9dg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya know, its been a while but I'm just now getting back to this project. I think the bentley schematics would be a life saver lol. Mind hooking me up? :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts