Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am prepared to replace my wiper blade inserts as per vuvision's great write up in the Information Forum. However, the write up starts with the B5.5 aero blade (the part that holds the actual insert) already detached from the wiper arm.

How do you remove the wiper blade from the wiper arm?

Thanks.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sharky,

Thanks for the instructions. Do I understand correctly that I pull the blade striaight out away from the direction of the wind shield as opposed to sliding the blade off the arm towards one side or the other?

Also, to replace the arm, do I just snap it straight back in?

Again, thanks for your help.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sullie,

Yes, I have seen vuvision's write up on the inserts. It is that very insert replacement that I as asking about.

Thanks for the tip on the gtg. I have been keeping an eye on the events forum but I must have missed it.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
basically, do what sharky said

but there is no clip tp hold them on., just lift the arm up and start to move the wiper around if you dont understand sharkies explanation. after playin around w/ it, it should just fall off, they aren't attached very well

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
Slider said:
Sharky,

You're always so good at dishing out that tough love!

Cheers.
Yes I suppose I am, but you must trust in the Sharky and not make things harder than they are until things ACTUALLY get difficult.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
Sharky
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing