Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out what blades other the OEM we can use? I tired to go the triple edge route that others with <2004's have gone, but they were horrible. They skipped and chattered like crazy(while I was parked) I can't believe that we really have to pay 60 $ for a new pair. That's just crazy. Any ideas would be great. Thanks, Michael

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I would like to know if there are any differences in the OE blades now. I tossed the OEs on my 2003 for the Tripledge route and they SUCK. Skipping and chattering like crazy for sure.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Had the triple edge, too much chatter. Just installed Anco refills in the aero holder. :D Much better !
There are 3 types of refills, the narrow version fits. I forgot the #. Remove the old blade to compare, be sure the edge that slides in is thin and flat. It may require some soapy water to make it easer.

·
Registered
578 Posts
If you are talking about the Aero Twin, you could use the Skoda Superb OEM blades, which are axactly the same as Passat OEM, but the price is almost the half.

You can also use Valeo VM301, which my VW dealer recommend over the OEM ones.

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
jeffsu350 said:
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59805

I did it, many others have with great results
SOmeplace in that thread is an OEM number for refills. I just used those about a month ago and so far, no chatter. I got to really try them yesterday. We had 7 inches of rain here from Ivan. It took me 3 hours to get home - normally a 10 minute drive - due to the flooding and road closures.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
jeffsu350 said:
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59805

I did it, many others have with great results
StattlichPassat said:
I would like to know if there are any differences in the OE blades now. I tossed the OEs on my 2003 for the Tripledge route and they SUCK. Skipping and chattering like crazy for sure.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I got a free pair under warantee. My car was at 11,600 miles and i called the service department and complained about "chatter" and they gave me two new ones.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I tried several different types of aftermarket refills with no luck so I just broke down and bought the OEM ones from my dealer. I paid $21 each for them, but at least they do not chatter.

Paul

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.