Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to gather some interest on setting up a Rally Cross type event, possibly at the Portland Fairgrounds, there is snow, some ice, and its relatively flat, I'm going to call the management company come Monday to see how we may go about doing this while there is some snow and ice left on the ground.

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,715 Posts
no fair, that means i would have to do a suspension and rim swap on my car just so i can go and play ;)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats why coil-overs are key- when the first snow comes you jack the car all the way up, and put the winter tires n rims on

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,715 Posts
no my coils are for low and thats it, they handle like poo no matter what height they are at, my autocross suspension is for autocross and actually making the passat handle good.

you make it happen and i'll swap suspensions and show up :lol:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and thats the shorter track, there are several different routes that can be taken that are shorter and longer

·
Registered
885 Posts
Any chance I could bring my "OTHER" ride? I don't want to durrty that passat up when I have a perfectly good honda I can trash on!

·
Registered
307 Posts
dead thread, i know, but this is a pretty dead forum. If you want to give this another try, contact the NE Region of the SCCA, the director of rallycross is named Chris (i cant think of his last name), go to NER.org and snoop around the rallycoss section for a while. I also know in january they have a 2 day local/national rallycross at Stafford Springs raceway in CT. be sure to come check it out, the course designers for NER are pretty insane, and it shows in the courses. hope this helped.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
i was hoping for more of a gtg type set up not really an organized event
Yeah that never works unless your buddies can fork up a grand out-of-pocket for insurance and lot rental.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts